H440 Temperatures

Go to solution Solved by DXMember,

The cooler master I had great temps in it. 

20 Degrees idle core temp

CPU would be 30 - 35 degrees idle

GPU was the same. 

Playing a game it would spike to about 32 - 40 degrees 

CPU would be about 45-55 degrees. 

GPU would max out at 55 and hold steady. 

I am not planning on doing any over clocking but I do want to upgrade the graphics card to a 980 or 2x 970 running in SLI. I am really concerned what might happen if I do that. 

I have removed all the excess sleds, and I put the HD at the very bottom of the case. All the other ones are removed. I don't know if I damaged anything, the fan is working that's all I can tell. 

One thing I forgot, if I load test the CPU though it will hit 85 degrees. 

seems to be okay, there's only 5 degrees difference that we could attribute to the thermal compund getting older and knowing that H440's air flow is a little bit restrictive compared to Cooler Masters cases which I presume all very strong air flow.

H440 is designed to be silence optimised.

Also intels stock heatsink is known to be on the weaker side and should be avoided - that's for your stress test

Try grabbing a CoolerMaster 212 Evo

So this my first time posting on this forum. I just swapped my Cooler Master 690ii, for an H440 case and I really like this case. But I don't think I am getting a decent thermal performance. I am somewhat uncomfortable with the temperature at which it is running. Everything in my computer is running at stock configuration, the temps I am getting right now feel way too high. 

My parts are as follow: 

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Stock Intel Cooler

ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti STRIX

Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Idle Case Temperatures, I am getting about 33-40 degrees Celsius. The temperature outside ranges from 20-30 degrees. 

CPU Core temperatures, when at idle range from 35-40 degrees. (I can't explain the 55 degree temperature). However, A few times I have left speed fan running I will return and notice the CPU is at 55 degrees. The GPU runs between 37-40 degrees when idle. 

When I am playing a game (Counter Strike, Tomb Raider etc), the temperature spikes to the following: 

CPU Cores are between 63 degrees and 70 degrees. 

GPU will spike to 60 degrees and hold flat.

Case temps are 40 degrees to about 45. 

I am ok with the GPU temps, and system temps but the CPU temps which concern me. 

I tried fixing it by installing static pressure fans in the front, but that didn't have much of an impact. I took those out and returned them. Then I installed an airflow fan at the top, which I took out of my 690ii. That did give me slightly better idle temps. 

I have also notice that after playing a game I get a lot of rendering artifacts around my open windows. They are usually black blobs all around, creating a shadow like effect. That's what told me I might have an issue. 

Any idea what I can do to improve it? Other than water cooling the case. 

Those temps are normal.  If you do plan on overclocking however, I do suggest you get an aftermarket cooler.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

could you by any chance have damaged any of the components while moving the system from one chasis to another?

what were the temperatures in cooler master case?

static pressure fans should be used only for radiators,

make sure you remove the unused hard drive sleds

check your CPU fan profile

also the temperatures are nothing to worry about

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

could you by any chance have damaged any of the components while moving the system from one chasis to another?

what were the temperatures in cooler master case?

static pressure fans should be used only for radiators,

make sure you remove the unused hard drive sleds

check your CPU fan profile

also the temperatures are nothing to worry about

GPU was the same. 

I am not planning on doing any over clocking but I do want to upgrade the graphics card to a 980 or 2x 970 running in SLI. I am really concerned what might happen if I do that. 

I have removed all the excess sleds, and I put the HD at the very bottom of the case. All the other ones are removed. I don't know if I damaged anything, the fan is working that's all I can tell. 

GPU was the same. 

seems to be okay, there's only 5 degrees difference that we could attribute to the thermal compund getting older and knowing that H440's air flow is a little bit restrictive compared to Cooler Masters cases which I presume all very strong air flow.

Also intels stock heatsink is known to be on the weaker side and should be avoided - that's for your stress test

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

I might give that a try I am also wondering if I should swap the case out for something with better airflow. As much as I like it, I don't want a case which doesn't meet my needs. Esp if I add new graphics cards. 

Edit: I should add, I am still in the return window, so it is an option I can exercise. 

So this my first time posting on this forum. I just swapped my Cooler Master 690ii, for an H440 case and I really like this case. But I don't think I am getting a decent thermal performance. I am somewhat uncomfortable with the temperature at which it is running. Everything in my computer is running at stock configuration, the temps I am getting right now feel way too high. 

My parts are as follow: 

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Stock Intel Cooler

ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti STRIX

Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Idle Case Temperatures, I am getting about 33-40 degrees Celsius. The temperature outside ranges from 20-30 degrees. 

CPU Core temperatures, when at idle range from 35-40 degrees. (I can't explain the 55 degree temperature). However, A few times I have left speed fan running I will return and notice the CPU is at 55 degrees. The GPU runs between 37-40 degrees when idle. 

When I am playing a game (Counter Strike, Tomb Raider etc), the temperature spikes to the following: 

CPU Cores are between 63 degrees and 70 degrees. 

GPU will spike to 60 degrees and hold flat.

Case temps are 40 degrees to about 45. 

I am ok with the GPU temps, and system temps but the CPU temps which concern me. 

I tried fixing it by installing static pressure fans in the front, but that didn't have much of an impact. I took those out and returned them. Then I installed an airflow fan at the top, which I took out of my 690ii. That did give me slightly better idle temps. 

I have also notice that after playing a game I get a lot of rendering artifacts around my open windows. They are usually black blobs all around, creating a shadow like effect. That's what told me I might have an issue. 

Any idea what I can do to improve it? Other than water cooling the case. 

Those temps seem safe to me.

My cpu in my old pre built got up to 65c on load and idled at 45-55 I had a stock cooler (tower cooler) with a noctua 90mm on it.

GPU on load would get about to 80c but it was a reference 550 ti.

What case do you have? EDIT: NVM I should learn to read my carefully

EDIT: also air cooling can be just as good if not better than a water cooled rig and cost MUCH less.

if I were you I would get an nh d15 if you can spare the cash if not get a 212 evo. Make sure you're using all of the fan slots on the case. Again if money isn't an issue go with noctuas.

EDIT AGAIN: Someone mentioned to me that STRIX cards run hotter can't confirm this though.

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

Those temps seem safe to me.

My cpu in my old pre built got up to 65c on load and idled at 45-55 I had a stock cooler (tower cooler) with a noctua 90mm on it.

GPU on load would get about to 80c but it was a reference 550 ti.

What case do you have? EDIT: NVM I should learn to read my carefully

EDIT: also air cooling can be just as good if not better than a water cooled rig and cost MUCH less.

if I were you I would get an nh d15 if you can spare the cash if not get a 212 evo. Make sure you're using all of the fan slots on the case. Again if money isn't an issue go with noctuas.

EDIT AGAIN: Someone mentioned to me that STRIX cards run hotter can't confirm this though.

I guess I should have been more clear.

I am ok with the temperatures I am getting on the Graphics card right now. I mean 60 degrees for a non-reference card is not that bad. It is the CPU temps which worry me, mostly because they are spiking to about 70 degrees while playing Counter Strike (such an old game but putting that kind of pressure on the CPU). 

I do want to avoid Water Cooling my system, as nice as it look, I just don't want to go through the hassle. I did consider just installing a h110i on my cpu. 

So I got the CoolerMaster 212 Evo, and huge improvement. My CPU on gaming doesn't even hit 40 degrees now. II also ran prime95 and it didn't even go over 60 degrees, I am really impressed am satisfied with this option. Thank you for your help. 

So I got the CoolerMaster 212 Evo, and huge improvement. My CPU on gaming doesn't even hit 40 degrees now. II also ran prime95 and it didn't even go over 60 degrees, I am really impressed am satisfied with this option. Thank you for your help. 

:) there we go, glad to help