Windows 10 Questions

skate048

So i got a few questions about windows 10

1: If I don´t like it can I go back to windows 8.1?

2: Does the searchbar search the internet with fucking bing?!

3: Do i have to upgrade to Windows 10 to get directx 12?

Please answer my questions and i will be thankful. :)

if u dont like any os u can go back to any different os, even linux if ud want

u can disable any searchbar ( in services ) or any additional things in windows that u dont like

u will need win10 to get dx12 yeah...

windows 10 is still buggy as heck i wouldnt recommend it

(◑‿◐)

Supposedly there's a chrome addon that allows cOrtana to search using google, but I don't know if it works or is a pile of shit. Anyone know more about it?

"Ghost"

Intel i5-4690k 4.6 GHz 1.25v | NZXT Kraken x61 | Asus Z97-AR | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW DT 2050 MHz

NZXT h440 White | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GS | 2x Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB  |Asus VG248QE  | Win 10

1: yes

2: yes

3: yes

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)~~▲▲▲▲~~CanyonCoolMan~~▲▲▲▲~~( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1: yes

2: yes

3: yes

Well great exept for that fucking bing part!!!!   As NerdCubed once said a shotgun has probably more chance hitting the target then bloody BING!!!

Well great exept for that fucking bing part!!!!   As NerdCubed once said a shotgun has probably more chance hitting the target then bloody BING!!!

lol

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)~~▲▲▲▲~~CanyonCoolMan~~▲▲▲▲~~( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes you will be able to roll back to Windows 8.1 (Open settings, go to update and security, go to Recovery and click get started on the Go back to Windows 8.1 option)

Yes, unfortunately

Yes the DX12 API is going to be exclusive to Win10

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Supposedly there's a chrome addon that allows cOrtana to search using google, but I don't know if it works or is a pile of shit. Anyone know more about it?

Works great. There is a thread in the tuturals section I got from.

Edit: here it is

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/419403-windows-10-cortana-use-google-instead-of-bing-tutorial/

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

Windows 10 is still super fishy, I'd wait for like a couple months if I were you. 

Honour over Glory.

For Number 2. If you use Firefox, it will convert the search query from Bing that it receives from Cortana to your default search engine. :)

Windows 10 biggest problem is drivers. Manufactures simply rushed out their drivers. You have to wait for the best, problem free, experience. Maybe a month or so. Some people it runs amazingly well, however. It really depends on your hardware.

So i got a few questions about windows 10

1: If I don´t like it can I go back to windows 8.1?

2: Does the searchbar search the internet with fucking bing?!

3: Do i have to upgrade to Windows 10 to get directx 12?

Please answer my questions and i will be thankful. :)

1. Yes

2. Use chrometana, it fixes this issue.

3. Yes, DX12 is Windows 10 only.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

1. Yes

2. Use chrometana, it fixes this issue.

3. Yes, DX12 is Windows 10 only.

Well good but do you know how to revert to windows 8.1?

Well good but do you know how to revert to windows 8.1?

Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> "Go back to Windows 8.1", and hit the "Get Started" button.

1. Nope. If you try to install a new OS after installing 10 Microsoft will brick all the parts in your computer.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

1. Nope. If you try to install a new OS after installing 10 Microsoft will brick all the parts in your computer.

You sure because everyone else that have answered said you could.

You sure because everyone else that have answered said you could.

Being sarcastic because there's no way Microsoft can stop you from installing a new OS over theirs, and even if they could, I'm pretty sure it would be illegal.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Being sarcastic because there's no way Microsoft can stop you from installing a new OS over theirs, and even if they could, I'm pretty sure it would be illegal.

Lol yeah that is true but it seems good with like the sleek ui and the searchbar and of course directx12!

Lol yeah that is true but it seems good with like the sleek ui and the searchbar and of course directx12!

Yeah! (not that any games really support it yet) But yeah!