Headphone audio buzzing

SmileAsTheyDie

Hello all. Let me start of by saying that i use Turtle Beach X12's that i got a few years back for free, i had planned on possibly upgrading in the near future. I had planned on upgrading because when using the headphones i would always hear this light buzzing noise, usually games would drown it out but its really annoying when little to no noise is happening. Up to this point there was that light buzzing in the headphones but the mic portion seemed to be okay, or atleast nobody i talked to in TS complained about anything. Today though i got on teamspeak and i noticed it said i was talking when i wasent (i use voice activation) and everyone was complaining about a buzzing noise (i then went into the TS setup page and did the mic test and i also heard the buzzing). I also noticed the headphone buzzing was slightly higher than usual.

I tried restarting my computer to see if that would help to no avail, but then i had a idea. I unplugged my headphones and got to the back of my computer, unplugged my speakers and plugged in my headphones. In terms of buzzing it was still there, but it was only a tenth of what it usually is plugged into the front panel. I then plugged in my mic and did a recording and there was no buzzing at all. The buzzing is only there when plugged into my front panel ports. Could any experts of audio give me some insight to this?

if it is only with the front panel ports try changing ur onboard soundcard mode to ac97 ( assuming u have one, and ac97 is legacy so u dont wanna be running with it 24/7... if it does fix it try different drivers and bitrate/sample rates )

if u dont have a onboard soundcard and a dedicated one... try using onboard see if the same issue remains... if it does its probably just a cablebreak in the frontpanel connector cable

(◑‿◐)

if it is only with the front panel ports try changing ur onboard soundcard mode to ac97 ( assuming u have one, and ac97 is legacy so u dont wanna be running with it 24/7... if it does fix it try different drivers and bitrate/sample rates )

if u dont have a onboard soundcard and a dedicated one... try using onboard see if the same issue remains... if it does its probably just a cablebreak in the frontpanel connector cable

Well this is kind of odd. As i went to test it it appears to have fixed itself. The mic no longer has any buzzing and the headphones are back to the normal low buzzing (switching between regular and AC97 made no difference)

Well this is kind of odd. As i went to test it it appears to have fixed itself. The mic no longer has any buzzing and the headphones are back to the normal low buzzing (switching between regular and AC97 made no difference)

hmmm could have been due to surges/static electricity then... that somehow with rebooting the static electricity got drained from the mobo/soundcard ... good to know it solved tho :P ( switching to regular and ac97 is to check if the actual soundcardchip itself is messed up or not... if it makes no difference ur chip is fine :P )

(◑‿◐)