My GTX 570 From asus

Siberia

Hey guys/girls, I'm still quite a noob at pc stuff and I tried to tweet at linus in his stream tonight but didn't quite get it in :/ Anyways, when I play games, my 570 ( http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/ENGTX570_DCII2DIS1280MD5/#specifications ) reaches temperatures of 60 gegrees. Is this normal? Would it help if I get a second and put it in sli to make it cooler??

Also, in my dxdiag it says that I have 4GB's of video cache, but on the website it only shows 1.28GB's of video cache.

If anyone could answer my two questions that would be great :)

P.S. I will include a picture of my basic specs[ATTACH=CONFIG]n3042[/ATTACH]

Evga GTX 760 ACX (2 GB) Stock / 16GB Kingston HyperX RAM 1600MHz / Intel i7 2600k 4.6GHz 1.34v / Termaltake Frio air cooler / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe Motherboard / 2TB WD Black (Storage) / Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD (Boot) / Asus Xonar DGX Sound Card / Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 / Razer Mamba 2012 / Steelseries Qck+ / Steelseries Siberia V2 Diablo 3 Edition

-60 degrees is totally normal operating temperature for a graphics card! you have nothing to worry about.

-Adding a card in SLI will only increase temperatures however you can gain some performance benefits (although i don't recommend SLI because you can run into some weird driver nonsense).

-As for the 4GB video cache. If you are referring to the "4049 MB approx memory" in the picture you posted, thats probably your total system memory (that could be the next thing you upgrade. 4GB of ram is "enough" but when you run out of ram, performance tanks. 8GB is a good safe number; granted you have unpopulated slots)

-1.28 GB video ram is correct for a gtx 570 and you should know that video ram typically isn't displayed on the user friendly interfaces like the one you used in your picture.

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

60 degrees is nothing bad, if it goes over 80 degrees then you should start thinking about airflow etc. Adding an other card will only make temps higher but will make your performace increase. But as you may know SLI doesnt scale as well as you would like in some games... BF3 for instance is an excellent game for SLI.. But there are also examples out there of games that get 10-20% improvements.. (and that kinda sucks for the money)

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

HA, 60 degrees? No problem lol. I'll be getting worried at the 85+ mark

-60 degrees is totally normal operating temperature for a graphics card! you have nothing to worry about.

-Adding a card in SLI will only increase temperatures however you can gain some performance benefits (although i don't recommend SLI because you can run into some weird driver nonsense).

-As for the 4GB video cache. If you are referring to the "4049 MB approx memory" in the picture you posted, thats probably your total system memory (that could be the next thing you upgrade. 4GB of ram is "enough" but when you run out of ram, performance tanks. 8GB is a good safe number; granted you have unpopulated slots)

-1.28 GB video ram is correct for a gtx 570 and you should know that video ram typically isn't displayed on the user friendly interfaces like the one you used in your picture.

No no, I have 16GB of RAM :P Under the processor, So I'm still confused as to what the 4GB is XP BTW, I got the approx. total memory bit for the display tab, so it is video memory.

Evga GTX 760 ACX (2 GB) Stock / 16GB Kingston HyperX RAM 1600MHz / Intel i7 2600k 4.6GHz 1.34v / Termaltake Frio air cooler / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe Motherboard / 2TB WD Black (Storage) / Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD (Boot) / Asus Xonar DGX Sound Card / Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 / Razer Mamba 2012 / Steelseries Qck+ / Steelseries Siberia V2 Diablo 3 Edition

are you running 32-bit windows or 64-bit windows? 32-bit windows can only detect a maximum of around four gigs of ram.

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

64-bit home premium, so I am able to have 16GB of ram :P

Sli will only run hotter, I think you thought that the gpu's would be less stressed by the game but you're wrong. Two cards = more processing power but also more heat and some weird driver issues.

60 Degrees Celcius is acceptable under load nothing to worry about.

As for the total video memory, your computer is allowing some of the RAM to be shared between you're CPU and GPU but your GPU don't really uses it because it's WAY too slow compared to VRAM. VRAM is faster than RAM because your GPU needs faster memory but is alowed for some mistakes but it is the contraire with your CPU. RAM mistakes can cause corruption of the OS.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1