GoPro

Sometimes when I'm doing stuff I like to just put my GoPro on time lapse and get run around and get 100's of photos and then I can go in and just grab the few that are good.  This works well 99% of the time but suddenly lately I'll do it and every single picture will be blurry then I'll turn it off and back on with the exact same setting doing the same stuff and every picture is fine.  I can't think of anything that is different, same light, same location, same settings, same running around.  Any idea on why it could suck sometimes?  My first thought is it is just motion blur but that isn't a problem most of the time and when they are coming in blurry I try some sample shots without moving looking at a stationary object and it is still blurry.

Any clue??

When you say run around to get the photos, do you literally mean running around with the GoPro on timelapse mode?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

When you say run around to get the photos, do you literally mean running around with the GoPro on timelapse mode?

Yes I do.  Like I bring it to the pool throw it around go underwater.  Do anything and the pictures are perfect.  Like 9 out of 10 pics are crystal clear.  Then suddenly it will go like 100 straight every single one bad.  I know what  your thinking moving makes it blurry but it doesn't for the last year.  This last trip I went on half came out shitty doing the exact same thing.

Literally you cna throw the go pro the the shots flying through the air are still clear.  But suddenly standing perfectly still taking a pic of a tree is blurry.......

It works really good to get natural shots of people because you can just delete 90% of the shitty shots and you get a lot of good candid shots of people

I think it has to do with the automatically set shutter speed. Try starting the timelapse in a bright area vs a dark area. If you start in a dark area, the shutter speed may be set much to slow and because its a time lapse, those settings usually carry out through the thing as to not change exposure. Might be something you might want to test.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz