Problem with integrated audio

Matias_ef
Go to solution Solved by Valkyrie Lenneth,

yeah pretty much, if it was hardware its most likely in all cases, try downloading older drivers instead or install them under compatibility modes

switching to ac97 might help but its rare to be helping :P was just a suggestion hehe

Hello everyone, out of nowhere I started having a very weird problem while talking on skype, the left earpiece of my logitech h110 started to sound much lower than it used to. I thought the headphone broke because it only cost 11 u$u (cheap for a headset in Argentina).
But when connecting it to the back panel (was connected to the front panel) it started to work properly.
And also noticed another problem: the left speaker of my cambridge soundworks 2.1 sounds a bit louder than the right speaker (wether I connect them to the back or front panel). And it's not a problem of the cables because I switch them and it is always the left that sounds louder.
Did a test with this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ODm-F9-IM
Then I checked that on sound devices the green bar raises more when the left channel is playing. It's like there was a very strange software defect and channels were unbalanced but it is not that because on Realtek's sound administrator soft balance is Ok. It looks like this:
(when it looks higuer sound is playing Left).
f2u4oh.gif
I reinstalled the sound drivers but the problem persists so... What could it be? It seems like not a big deal but it's breaking my balls! This "little" trouble.

4670K - Hyper 212X | Maximus VI Impact | 970 Strix | TridentX 2x4GB 2400 MHz | 840 Pro 256GB - MQ01ABD100

Silent Pro Gold 800w | Prodigy Midnight Black

it could be due to static electricity, they can interfere with soundcards...

to drain current static electricity in ur machine ( with a grounded case )

unplug the power cord , hold the powerbutton for 10-20seconds ( usually with modern psus u will hear a click when it drained all the electricity )

after u have done that and the problem changed or resolved, changed as changed in anyway it was it could still be due to static electricity and u need to see what is causing that

if the card is totally fine with no static electricity it could be a failing chip ( rare but could be ), soundcards have a higher failure rate when u always have volume on 100 and boost sound with equalizer and such aswell ( modern cards have amp boosts and such so 100 would kill ur ears/headphones.. but older cards/onboard usually are pretty weak in amp )

(◑‿◐)

Thanks for the reply!

But I have no grounding .

And one important thing that I discovered recently : without the drivers of " Realtek " i don´t have the sound problem

4670K - Hyper 212X | Maximus VI Impact | 970 Strix | TridentX 2x4GB 2400 MHz | 840 Pro 256GB - MQ01ABD100

Thanks for the reply!

But I have no grounding .

And one important thing that I discovered recently : without the drivers of " Realtek " i don´t have the sound problem

it could be then that ur running AC97 drivers on a HD audio setting ( it will install and work with some cards, lots of them wont work ) but those who do... can cause issues

if ur issue changes without drivers its guaranteed to be driver/software related and has nothing to do with hardware/static electricity

what u can try after installing the drivers also is changing the bitrate and sample rates   if its 24bit 48khz default, set it to 16bit 48khz for example ( test around different bit/samplerates )

(◑‿◐)

Right now I 'm using the " drivers HD" I download the website of " realtek "

I tried all the "bitrate" and with everyone this the same problem  :(

Right now I 'm using the " drivers HD" I download the website of " realtek "

I tried all the "bitrate" and with everyone this the same problem  :(

try setting the soundcard to ac97 instead of hd audio in the bios and see if that solves it

other than different drivers and everything i said, much more u cant do, could also just be a defective chip that when it doesnt get fully utilized it runs fine but when it does it starts crackling and stuff ( had it before on a soundcard aswell )

but i am pretty sure its software related though

(◑‿◐)

I switch to AC97 and the same. (Just I do not think that's because this configuration is for the front panel)

I also think it is problem of soft, if not also the problem would also be without drivers

yeah pretty much, if it was hardware its most likely in all cases, try downloading older drivers instead or install them under compatibility modes

switching to ac97 might help but its rare to be helping :P was just a suggestion hehe

(◑‿◐)

I installed w7 drivers and fix everything.
But I have a doubt: These drivers say they are W11 and W10 drivers were saying DX12, I can get to be a problem for this?

I installed w7 drivers and fix everything.
But I have a doubt: These drivers say they are W11 and W10 drivers were saying DX12, I can get to be a problem for this?

any high end soundcard currently on the market makes use of directx11 currently atm

onboard soundcards are usually just running on 9.0c

it could be that u installed a dx12 driver while the card isnt dx12 compatible ( causing issues and such due to software differences with the hardware )

due to it beeing fixed using w7 drivers i am certainly sure ur onboard soundcard is running at 9.0c and it is not dx12 compatible ( highly doubt it )

either that or the newer drivers are unstable , though dx11 support for example is only on high end soundcards example recon3d fatality champion / asus xonar

short said its no problem to run the w7 driver   , w8 and w10 are backwards compatible aswell

(◑‿◐)