Review Conclusions???

dav1257

This might have come up before but thinking it might be a gd idea to have conclusions to reviews.

Performance out of 10

Value for Money out of 10

etc.

I also think a lot of ppl would apreciate recommendations. Stamps of approval of varying levels. Platinum, Gold, etc.

Again i think Linus and slick have discussed this before but wanna reinforce the idea

Something like Tom at TimeToLiveCustoms does?

I've seen a lot of companies use his award against their products, i think it could be a real asset to Linus's reviewing (unboxing) system.

How was the packaging?

How easy was it to open?

Attractive design/colour scheme?

Initial impressions?

:P

idk about how easy it was to open, but i like the overall idea and I think it would make reviewing products alot easier

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

Cant tell if u r being sarcastic lol but exactly rite.

It is the major thing that is missing in my opinion.

We can tell what linus and slick like wen he does reviews or live shows but need an easier method than re-watching old clips to try and remember what was recommended.

I mean i can never remember what uses soft or hard packing foam :P

Keep in mind that an unboxing and first look does not make a review. It wouldn't make sense for Linus to include ratings in his videos.

But this is certainly a great idea for the forum! Linus unboxes something, tests it out for a little while, then posts a written review on the forum with some sort of rating system.

I feel like ratings should be based solely on the product itself, though. I mean you're only dealing with the packing materials for the first 5 minutes you own the thing. :P

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I agree with u Mdx. I feel a lot of Linus' time is wasted answering these questions and the live stream is always full of these types of questions.

It is apparent that ppl trust Linus and Slick. Their opinion is very valuable to the community and ppl will buy based on their recommendations.

And we do love to talk about packing material huh? lol

Value for money /5(cheaper product that does the same or better)

Packaging /5 (Linus I know will not give a 10 unless it has closed-cell foam xD)

Build quality /5

Warranty /5

Accessories /5 (Storage bag for spare PSU cables, Toolbox for case screws [NZXT Phantom 820])

Left out performance because rarely he actually puts the product to use or under full load (eg PSU's, cases ect)

0 = non-existent 1 = horrible 2 = bad 3 = average 4 = good 5 = best

Just an idea

These are all great ideas.

I would also like to see how the product stacks up against its competition (i.e. which is best, and in which areas).

I like the idea of rating a product on different areas but I don't really think value is a good metric to use, or at least not specifically value for the money. Value and value for the money is pretty subjective. As an example, the $8,000 camera Linus bought would be a terrible value for the money to me because I'd never earn that money back or feel like I got $8,000 worth of use out of it. But to Linus it is a good value for the money because the camera will eventually pay for itself through the ad revenue earned by videos created with it.

I think the two best metrics to use would be packaging and build quality/general quality. Those two things will say a lot about a product and are very easy to rate, you don't have to do hours upon hours of testing/reviewing to get those ratings and they are applicable to pretty much any product.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Value for money /5(cheaper product that does the same or better) Packaging /5 (Linus I know will not give a 10 unless it has closed-cell foam xD) Build quality /5 Warranty /5 Accessories /5 (Storage bag for spare PSU cables' date=' Toolbox for case screws [NZXT Phantom 820']) Left out performance because rarely he actually puts the product to use or under full load (eg PSU's, cases ect) 0 = non-existent 1 = horrible 2 = bad 3 = average 4 = good 5 = best Just an idea

Would be hard to do as often he just gets the product out of the box and never actually uses it. When he has used it there's usually an opinion

A "LINUS APPROVED" trophy would be awesome!!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

I was reading all the comments about the fact that linus and or slick dont get to test products extensively. That is true but they will surely use what they like or think has potential.

Also the can still add 'Linus Approved' stamps to products they do love and use regularly.

It might just become a problem if Great products are being overlooked because of lack of use . . . or bias?

Even experienced individuals like Linus can be biased towards certain products.

He loves the Steelseries 7H but the customer reviews are awful and most ppl tell me they break after 30mins.

Just food for thought lol.

Yeah, endorsement of products by Linus or Slick is a bit iffy. I trust their word when it comes to component and peripheral guidelines, but specific models is less reliable. What works for one may not work as well for another; Linus uses a Mionix Zibal 60--this doesn't mean the Zibal 60 I buy off eBay will please me similarly to how it pleased him.

We all have our opinions and preferences, although I will say I love Ducky keyboards that Slick recommends--unfortunately, none of them come with all of the features I need.

One thing linus does love is noctua fans! I don't like this idea. If you want to know how good a product is watch the unboxing/review!

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Its a way for ppl to find things without having to go thru hours of reviews. I watch everything in the channel but sumtimes forget things.

Plus not every1 wants to watch every review. Sum ppl just want a yardstick of whats gd and what to avoid

I agree that he should have some sort of rating system, but would it be problematic at all that he's associated with NCIX? I know they don't produce anything, but they're a retailer and I don't know of any other retailers that review stuff and give ratings. (Like Paul from Newegg.tv, he never gives a hard "rating" as far as I know) I'm not saying it's not possible I'm just saying that could be an issue.

Though as far as actually rating products, I don't think linus/slick/diesel/(the russian?) have the time to do a full review of everything they get, so it could probably only be for products that they do a follow up video on. Which brings me to another point. I'd love to see more follow up videos on more of the stuff that Linus gets his hands on. Though I'm not sure if that's possible with time constraints. Hey, maybe NCIX will pay him to make videos and do reviews full time ;p

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial