Windows 8 doesn't work after updates.

theKumba

So I just freshly installed Windows 8 Pro 64Bit (upgraded from Windows 7) and everything worked fine, until I installed all the 147 important updates. 

Now the system has finally rebooted and is basically started, it is completely broken. It starts to the normal desktop, not the metro UI and no other programs start. I don't see a mouse cursor and it only reacts to ctrl+alt+del, which brings me to a black screen. That's everything I can do. 

Also I've tried to reset the system and do a clean reinstall, which gave me the exact same results after bringing the system up to date.

Any help will be appreciated.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

So I just freshly installed Windows 8 Pro 64Bit (upgraded from Windows 7) and everything worked fine, until I installed all the 147 important updates. 

Now the system has finally rebooted and is basically started, it is completely broken. It starts to the normal desktop, not the metro UI and no other programs start. I don't see a mouse cursor and it only reacts to ctrl+alt+del, which brings me to a black screen. That's everything I can do. 

Also I've tried to reset the system and do a clean reinstall, which gave me the exact same results after bringing the system up to date.

Sorry for not really helping, but imo you should have stayed at windows 7 (if still possible) Or just upgrade to windows 10. I never liked windows 8

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

This is normal when you do too many updates at once. If you can start from the ground up and install 40 or so at a time that will be a better idea.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Sorry for not really helping, but imo you should have stayed at windows 7 (if still possible) Or just upgrade to windows 10. I never liked windows 8

I will upgrade to Windows 10. It's just that I want to get my Windows 7 to Windows 8 upgrade key to become an actual OS key. 

Did you get all the drivers?

I installed basically everything it told me was important.

This is normal when you do too many updates at once. If you can start from the ground up and install 40 or so at a time that will be a better idea.

I'm going to try to reset the system again. I hope this works.

I will upgrade to Windows 10. It's just that I want to get my Windows 7 to Windows 8 upgrade key to become an actual OS key. 

I installed basically everything it told me was important.

Cant you just upgrade to windows 10 without downloading all the drivers. Just download windows 10 here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

Cant you just upgrade to windows 10 without downloading all the drivers. Just download windows 10 here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I have to get Windows 8.1 first and for that upgrade I need all the Windows 8 updates. I should have gone the easy route and just used Windows 7 to upgrade to 10.

Also that wouldn't work, because my key would stay a Windows 7 key.

I have to get Windows 8.1 first and for that upgrade I need all the Windows 8 updates. I should have gone the easy route and just used Windows 7 to upgrade to 10.

Also that wouldn't work, because my key would stay a Windows 7 key.

So you upgraded windows 7 to windows 8, just so you could upgrade to windows 8,1, just so you can upgrade to windows 10? LMAO

So you upgraded windows 7 to windows 8, just so you could upgrade to windows 8,1, just so you can upgrade to windows 10? LMAO

Basically, yes.

Basically, yes.

any chance you can go back to windows 7 and just download windows 10 from there, and do the upgrade?

any chance you can go back to windows 7 and just download windows 10 from there, and do the upgrade?

I'm at it right now. I'll just have to get another Windows 7 key.