Install Win 10 on blank SSD after upgrade?

Fgtfv567

So I tried to upgrade my PC with a boot SSD a while back, and the win 7 install fucked up on me, and I ended up wiping the SSD entirely.

Now that Win 10 is coming out, after I upgrade win 7 on the HDD,

Can I do a clean install on the SSD WITH ALL MY PROGRAMS ON THE HDD INTACT?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

So I tried to upgrade my PC with a boot SSD a while back, and the win 7 install fucked up on me, and I ended up wiping the SSD entirely.

Now that Win 10 is coming out, after I upgrade win 7 on the HDD,

Can I do a clean install on the SSD WITH ALL MY PROGRAMS ON THE HDD INTACT?

What I would do is unplug the HDD and do a fresh install on the SSD of Windows 7. Activate it using the automated phone system to move the activation from your HDD to the SSD. Then upgrade to Windows 10. Replug the HDD and reinstall the programs that make changes to the registry. The way I check this is running trying to run every program on the computer and reinstalling the ones that won't open. 

Microsoft software as a rule will need to be reinstalled. Java will also need a reinstall. 

Steam games will need to run the first time startup BS again but will not need to redownload.

All other standalone games shouldn't need reinstalls. If you play Minecraft you will need to move your saves to the new AppData folder. Use your brain on other such edge cases like this. 

I really hope this helps.