PC Meter Application in Windows 10

JoHo

I've been using PC Meter in collaboration with the CPU- and GPU-Meter gadgets all the time in Windows 8.1 with the 8Gadgets software. That worked perfectly together. But now in Windows 10, it shows the gadgets and runs PC Meter, but my temperatures and GPU clocks don't show up in the gadgets. The two programs don't work together. Will I have to wait for an update or did anyone of you manage to make it work?

CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core | Mainboard: ASUS X570-E Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB | GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 TI | SSD: Segate Firecuda 520 1TB | HDD: All in all 9TB of HDDs | Power: Corsair RM850I | Cooling: Custom Loop | Displays: 3x ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 1440p 144Hz G-Sync | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Case: Fractal Design Define S2 Vision Blackout | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Nope not found anything but i'm glad i'm not going crazy on this topic since i also still use some gadgets which all works perfectly except for these Two.. :)

I'm having greater issues than this because my NI Complete Ultimate VI library probably still won't install due to a previous Drive letter issue (Win7). Haven't done a fresh install of Win 10 since we don't seem to get those vital Windows reg#'s!?

Ya me to CPU meter and GPU meter need PC Meter for temps and such - tried everything I can think of - it was blocked at first. Running as admin in win8 compatibility mode. Network meter works great and Drives meter. I love my Gadgets!

I did report to Addgadget so lets hope for an update.

I tried everything with this, I also ran 8gadgets and PC Meter in Windows 8 compatibility mode, but nothing works. I also tried to set every gadget to stock again and reinstalled everything, but it just goes straight to where I stopped, so removing it does not entirely remove it. I tried installing it on another computer and it worked right away, only PCs which had it running already before the update seem to have the issues. I guess the developers just have to work it out, I hope they know that it's not working and will update it soon. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core | Mainboard: ASUS X570-E Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB | GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 TI | SSD: Segate Firecuda 520 1TB | HDD: All in all 9TB of HDDs | Power: Corsair RM850I | Cooling: Custom Loop | Displays: 3x ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 1440p 144Hz G-Sync | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Case: Fractal Design Define S2 Vision Blackout | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

• 5 weeks later...

Definitely the biggest thing I miss about moving to Windows 10. :-(
I didn't use any other gadgets, but I did like being able to see my CPU/GPU usage and temps.

• 1 month later...

I tried everything with this, I also ran 8gadgets and PC Meter in Windows 8 compatibility mode, but nothing works. I also tried to set every gadget to stock again and reinstalled everything, but it just goes straight to where I stopped, so removing it does not entirely remove it. I tried installing it on another computer and it worked right away, only PCs which had it running already before the update seem to have the issues. I guess the developers just have to work it out, I hope they know that it's not working and will update it soon. 

Sorry to necro an old thread, but temperatures readouts are working with Core Temp in Windows 10. Just run CoreTemp and switch All CPU Meter's temperature readout settings to "ON (CoreTemp)" and turn off the error message.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

• 9 months later...

I have the same problem, CPU and GPU meter was working perfect on Windows 10 with PCMeter and til i made the "anniversary update" i have this problem, tryed everything nothing works ! I hope they will fix it.

I have the same problem as benjidu. 

I think its something with microsoft visual c++ or net framework because when i first intall win10 i have this problem too.

I istalled something (dont remember what) and the problem was gone.

In the same boat here, installed Anniversary Update / Build 1607, of Windows 10, and now getting "PC Meter is not running!" ...

If the user above could possibly recall what he installed to get it working again, it'd be greatly appreciated but I'm guessing we won't see that.

I've tried 8 and 7 compatibility modes, and tried the older version (0.3) - no dice.

I know for a while, this was happening to me in Windows 8.1, and oddly enough uninstalling Apple's Bonjour service that came with iTunes brought PC Meter functionality back (...no idea what to say to that) - but unfortunately that's not what's going on here.

Does anyone have PC Meter working successfully with their gadgets on Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to  bump this but the only "fix" i can ever find for this is sadly doing a clean install for example the one built into windows 10.

I had the same issue when the First big windows 10 update came and then again with the Anniversary Update only fix was to clean install.

To follow up.. i may have found a fix

My brothers system did the Anniversary update today and i gave up and said he will have to deal with it unless he wants to reinstall windows which wasn't an option.

So i thought maybe i should try PC Meter beta v0.3 and amazingly it worked i downloaded it from this website.

http://files.aoaforums.com/I4229-PCMeter.zip.html

Hope it works for you guys too

Thank you, with PCMeter v0.3 it works fine. I hope the next windows updates will not do the same problem !

• 1 month later...

V0.3 still not working after windows 10 anniversary update of 2016, V0.3 worked after 2015 update, but not this time

I believe that I've found the solution to many of the problems that PCMeter has. Especially when upgrading to Windows 10 Aniversary and the gadgets lose all connectivity with PCMeter.

The problem is located in the WMI register entry that is used to store information for the gadgets to read. I'm not sure exactly what's causing PCMeter to fail to publish the objects to WMI, but if you delete the namespace (ROOT\AddGadgets) and restart the gadgets (or reboot the PC). It starts to work again.

The easiest way I found to do this is:

1. Kill PCMeter process (the name in Task Manager is "AddGadgets");
2. Kill Sidebar gadgets (the name in Task Manager is "Windows Desktop Gadgets");
3. Create a file with this name "RemoveAddGadgetsWMI.mof";
4. Open the file and copy and past these lines:
#pragma namespace("\\\\.\\Root")
#pragma deleteinstance("__Namespace.Name='AddGadgets'", FAIL)
5. Save file;
6. Open Command Prompt with Administrator rights (on Windows 8/10 is Win+X key and choose "Command Prompt (Admin)";
7. Type "cd <path where the RemoveAddGadgetsWMI.mof file is located>";
8. Type "mofcomp RemoveAddGadgestsWMI.mof";
9. Start PCMeter and Sidebar gadgets or reboot your PC.

This process worked for me, maybe works for others too.

12 hours ago, T-Hacker said:

I believe that I've found the solution to many of the problems that PCMeter has. Especially when upgrading to Windows 10 Aniversary and the gadgets lose all connectivity with PCMeter.

The problem is located in the WMI register entry that is used to store information for the gadgets to read. I'm not sure exactly what's causing PCMeter to fail to publish the objects to WMI, but if you delete the namespace (ROOT\AddGadgets) and restart the gadgets (or reboot the PC). It starts to work again.

2. Kill Sidebar gadgets (the name in Task Manager is "Windows Desktop Gadgets");
5. Save file;
6. Open Command Prompt with Administrator rights (on Windows 8/10 is Win+X key and choose "Command Prompt (Admin)";

This works! My gadgets are back :) Thanks a lot

CPU 4790k – Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Formula - RAM 32GBs (8GBx4) 2400Mhz TRIDENT-X – GPU GTX 1080 MSI – Case Obsidian 450D –Storage Corsair / OCZ SSD – PSU Corsair HX850i –Display ASUS ROG SWIFT PG178Q 1440p 144Hz – Cooling Noctua NH-D15

On 10/1/2016 at 8:17 PM, T-Hacker said:

5. Save file;

get this error wen runing the file

"An error occurred while processing item 1:
0X80041002 Class, instance, or property '__Namespace.Name='AddGadgets'' was not found.
Compiler returned error 0x80041002"

Edit: After reboot pc meter and gadgets are working fine again.

thx a lot 

Maybe you guys have heard of RainMeter, maybe you haven't. I don't see anyone posting about it. Basically allows the same functionality as those old Windows Vista/7 Widgets did back in the day, but is far more customizable than those widgets ever were.

That is just one of a multitude of desktop examples that someone on Reddit came up with.

Find more Rainmeter examples on reddit, or visit https://www.rainmeter.net/discover to discover more.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 10/2/2016 at 1:17 PM, T-Hacker said:

5. Save file;

Thanks, This worked for me with PCMeterV4 :)