Main Desktop Issue

Hey everyone, 

I seem to be posting in this section more than anywhere else on the forum which is depressing... Ok so, my desktop has been having loads of problems not sure why...

Now this issue can't be isolated, I've tried repeating the steps but it seems to be appearing randomly but there is no code that appears which allows me to look it up on the net. It DOES NOT bluescreen, the computer just comes to a grinding halt and freezes which the audio giving that annoying buzzing sound. 

Another issue with the system is also to do with adding new parts to the computer results in a BSOD which points to irql_not_less_or_equal on Windows 8 and will inevitably never boot.

What can I do to fix this issue? This is extremely frustrating... I keep getting dropped in the middle of large team fights which leads me to losses.

CPU: i7-3820 @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme 6

RAM: Kingston DDR3 1600 ValuRAM (2x8GB)

GPU: GTX670 (With Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo)

PSU: Corsair TX650W

SSD: Crucial M4 128GB SSD

HDD: 750GB Toshiba 7200RPM 2.5 Inch Drive

Of sudden freezes the problem with me once was that my hard drive (secondary backup) was dying on me once i removed it stopped and i also did a complete new installation of windows and I've never had the issue again, 

I ran Furmark for about 1 hour and it doesn't seem to lead to any issues, 30 minutes of Prime95 on blend and no issues as well.

Random freezes = Check HDD

Don't know anything about the other issue though.

IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO usually means CPU or RAM issues. Can you upload the dump files as detailed in this thread. And your main issue:

Does it work in safe mode? Does it happen regularly/most of the time/always/every x boots etc.? Can you move the mouse when it freezes? If you press the power button for about 1 second then let go and leave it, does it eventually shut down? Have you tried disk check (as detailed in this thread)? If you use a live linux USB, does it freeze on there or does it work?

HTTP/2 203

The freezing usually occurs during games, and doesn't happen during other stuff. Here's a BSOD attachment.

It didn't work in safemode when I tried to add a new drive into the system. It would just refuse to bootup and would bluescreen right after the Windows loading icon animation. Currently checking drive D right now.

IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO usually means CPU or RAM issues. Can you upload the dump files as detailed in this thread. And your main issue:

Does it work in safe mode? Does it happen regularly/most of the time/always/every x boots etc.? Can you move the mouse when it freezes? If you press the power button for about 1 second then let go and leave it, does it eventually shut down? Have you tried disk check (as detailed in this thread)? If you use a live linux USB, does it freeze on there or does it work?

071913-13843-01.zip

According to Windbg, the faulty module is lvuvc64.sys, which appears to be for logitec webcams. If you have one, please disconnect it then try again. Are there any other dumps in that folder? If so, please upload them all so that we can get a more detailed look at the issue.

HTTP/2 203

No the dumps didn't write onto the folder. That was the only dump. I'll remove the logitech webcam. Strange how it could cause the BSOD.

No the dumps didn't write onto the folder. That was the only dump. I'll remove the logitech webcam. Strange how it could cause the BSOD.

If it continues to happen, is there any way you could remove the driver? (eg. using a bootable USB) because the crash dump definitely identifies it, and a couple of otehr people on the web have had it. Really odd though. Looks like it was crashing, which then caused the rest of the system to crash.

HTTP/2 203

If it continues to happen, is there any way you could remove the driver? (eg. using a bootable USB) because the crash dump definitely identifies it, and a couple of otehr people on the web have had it. Really odd though. Looks like it was crashing, which then caused the rest of the system to crash.

I'll see what I can do. The disk check doesn't seem to spit out any errors though.

I'll see what I can do. The disk check doesn't seem to spit out any errors though.

Yeah, if it is that driver at fault then the disk will be fine. Have you tried it with no webcam? If it doesn't work, in C:\Windows\System 32\drivers, rename lvuvc64.sys to something else (like lvuvc64.sy_) and see whether it works.

HTTP/2 203