PS3 Black Screen Accessing Store

xvantok

So I know this is mainly a PC forums, but I know most people seem to have one so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask...

So my newly acquired, second hand, PS3 freezes on a black screen whenever I try to access the PS store and also I found out, when accessing netflix (I can access web browsing though.  It does this thing where once I click the app it goes that sort of screen-on-but-pure-black kinda colour (coming to a Dulux store near you!) then to a TV-off-kinda-black but just for a sec, finally followed by it remaining permanently in the screen-on-but-pure-black colour (Pre order and get 2l FREE!)

I don't have a warranty as it was a second hand purchase (for only a tenner!) - this however prevents me from accessing safe mode as I don't have a legit PS3 remote - only a PC Line controller which I plugged in and a keyboard.

Interestingly the Optical drive is missing from the PS3 which may be something?

I can't find any conclusive answers online to this problem and there only seem to be similar instances but nothing precisely like it...

When I restored from the previous blokes setting in my full restore - it forced me to update to 4.75 so I'm thinking a downgrade or a jail break but I cant find a set way to do this so I'm wondering if anyone knows a legit and not sketchy site for this

cheers

xvanbtok

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

You get what you pay for, I honestly have no idea how to fix that apart from factory resetting the PS3 if you can

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

You get what you pay for, I honestly have no idea how to fix that apart from factory resetting the PS3 if you can

I know - Some beautiful very scratched black plastic - the best kind! Ill give it a go and see what happens

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.