Bad cpu fan installation?

MasterP48

Hi, i disassembled my cpu fan (stock intel cooler) because i was cleaning the dust that i had in my rig. I've had this cpu since 1/1,5 tears ago and i didn't install it myself the first time so this was my first time installing the cpu fan. After toying around with the locks a bit i figured out how to assemble it and i did. It seems like it's working fine but when i turn on the pc an error screen appears saying that there is a cpu fan errror, i press f1 to set up discard changes and windows boots normally. I checked the temps and they are around 30~35 8n idle, pretty normal to me (i5 3330 @3ghz, no oc nor anything unusual) so should i worry?

Btw i didn't have thermal paste handy so i let the stock one

Hi, i disassembled my cpu fan (stock intel cooler) because i was cleaning the dust that i had in my rig. I've had this cpu since 1/1,5 tears ago and i didn't install it myself the first time so this was my first time installing the cpu fan. After toying around with the locks a bit i figured out how to assemble it and i did. It seems like it's working fine but when i turn on the pc an error screen appears saying that there is a cpu fan errror, i press f1 to set up discard changes and windows boots normally. I checked the temps and they are around 30~35 8n idle, pretty normal to me (i5 3330 @3ghz, no oc nor anything unusual) so should i worry?

test load

test load

Ok i will, i didn't really have time to do.it before but I'll do it

Ok i will, i didn't really have time to do.it before but I'll do it

make sure its in the right header, cpu_1

You mean like the connector in the mobo? I plugged it in the 4 pin fan connector but i didn't read the label.

i think it's the only connector tho

Get new thermal paste asap

This:

With this:

Get new thermal paste asap

And you are good to go.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

test load

Tested it: 45 mins @100% load and max temp was 64c, seems normal temp witg the stock cooler

Tested it: 45 mins @100% load and max temp was 64c, seems normal temp witg the stock cooler

Very normal, you don't need to change anything.

Very normal, you don't need to change anything.

Yep, i don't know why the error pops up tho

Yep, i don't know why the error pops up tho

That could be because fan has too low starting RPM. You can disable warning somewhere in BIOS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv