Advice for Corsair Hydro H110i GT

Hey guys,

I'm currently running a Corsair Hydro H110i GT in my PC. I have noticed that one fan starts to make a rattling noise once it reaches about 1600RPM, it can get quite annoying, so I've been looking at replacing the fans. I bought the cooler about 4 days ago and really don't want to go through the RMA process just for one fan.

I've been looking at the Noctua fans and was wondering if they would be suitable for this cooler, I'm looking for something that can provide the same air pressure and volume and also possibly be a little quieter than the stock fans. I also wanted to know if anyone knows what exact fans come with the H110i GT?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I'm currently running a Corsair Hydro H110i GT in my PC. I have noticed that one fan starts to make a rattling noise once it reaches about 1600RPM, it can get quite annoying, so I've been looking at replacing the fans. I bought the cooler about 4 days ago and really don't want to go through the RMA process just for one fan.

I've been looking at the Noctua fans and was wondering if they would be suitable for this cooler, I'm looking for something that can provide the same air pressure and volume and also possibly be a little quieter than the stock fans. I also wanted to know if anyone knows what exact fans come with the H110i GT?

Thanks.

putting on noctua fans will be slightly better than the stock fans i believe.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Stock Corsair fan has very low quality motor and bearing. 

Corsair stock fan has a lot vibration with them. I believe that's what the rattling noise is.

Stock Corsair fan has very low quality motor and bearing. 

Interesting, I always thought they would be a better.

Corsair stock fan has a lot vibration with them. I believe that's what the rattling noise is.

I do experience some vibration, however the rattling is a definite bearing problem within the fan.

Do you guys have any suggestions on which exact Noctua fan to look for? I've seen a large variety of them and cannot see which one I need to look at.

Interesting, I always thought they would be a better.

I do experience some vibration, however the rattling is a definite bearing problem within the fan.

Do you guys have any suggestions on which exact Noctua fan to look for? I've seen a large variety of them and cannot see which one I need to look at.

Go with the Noctua NF-A15 PWM. It is specifically for radiators such as the h110i. They are fantastic fans.

Go with the Noctua NF-A15 PWM. It is specifically for radiators such as the h110i. They are fantastic fans.

I had a look at that fan, it has a fairly slow RPM, I'm not sure if it is enough to cool my radiator. I have to cool an i7 5930k clocked @ 4.6 GHz.

I had a look at that fan, it has a fairly slow RPM, I'm not sure if it is enough to cool my radiator. I have to cool an i7 5930k clocked @ 4.6 GHz.

Slow rpm doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing, what u need to look for is the static pressure and the CFM. But if u don't care to be quiet just get the Noctua ippc (industrial fans) they had more static pressure and higher rpm. But they sounded like a train passing by if u don't mind that. Lol

NF-A15 has the mounting pattern of 120mm fan. Are you sure it can be mounted on 280 rad? I'd suggest NF-A14.

NF-A15 has the mounting pattern of 120mm fan. Are you sure it can be mounted on 280 rad? I'd suggest NF-A14.

No it is not. A15 PWM are 140mm fans.

NF-F12 PWM are the 120mm instead.

Slow rpm doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing, what u need to look for is the static pressure and the CFM. But if u don't care to be quiet just get the Noctua ippc (industrial fans) they had more static pressure and higher rpm. But they sounded like a train passing by if u don't mind that. Lol

If you use PWM control, PPC NF-A14 can be ran as slow as 500rpm. But you have the option to run them faster if needed.

Again, I've seen so many mis-information about the PPC version. The fact is they sound "EXACTLY" the same compares to regular non PPC version when running at the "same rpm".

If you use PWM control, PPC NF-A14 can be ran as slow as 500rpm. But you have the option to run them faster if needed.

Again, I've seen so many mis-information about the PPC version. The fact is they sound "EXACTLY" the same compares to regular non PPC version when running at the "same rpm".

U would need a fan controller or AI suite or a ultra low noise fan adapter in order to slow the rpm down though.

No it is not. A15 PWM are 140mm fans.

NF-F12 PWM are the 120mm instead.

I know NF-A15 is 140mm fan. I'm talking about the mounting holes.

This is from Noctua's web site.

"The NF-A15 is a premium quality quiet 140mm fan with a round frame that complies with Noctua's AAO(Advanced Acoustic Optimisation) standard. The NF-A15's frame feature 120mm mounting holes (105mm spacing) and has been enlarged to 150mm width in order to provide superoir performance on today's high-end CPU cooler."

Hah. I would love to be on the quieter side of things.

I'm not that familiar with PWM control, is the standard H110i GT fan controller header sufficient for this? I also have noticed that there is a "non industrial" version of the fan, however it is only about 3$ cheaper, and are quieter but don't seem to deliver the same amount of performance. If I knew what fans came with the H110i GT I could use that as a comparison for choosing a fan, however I cannot seem to find what exact fans come with it.

This is the store I'm purchasing from - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9_413&zenid=74b702b0c2d05ffd252f03aa12a545ae

U would need a fan controller or AI suite or a ultra low noise fan adapter in order to slow the rpm down though.

That's why we choose PWM fan, so it can be plugged in to the CPU-FAN header and use PWM control.

I'm not that familiar with PWM control, is the standard H110i GT fan controller header sufficient for this? I also have noticed that there is a "non industrial" version of the fan, however it is only about 3$ cheaper, and are quieter but don't seem to deliver the same amount of performance. If I knew what fans came with the H110i GT I could use that as a comparison for choosing a fan, however I cannot seem to find what exact fans come with it.

This is the store I'm purchasing from - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9_413&zenid=74b702b0c2d05ffd252f03aa12a545ae

The CPU-FAN on your motherboard must be a 4 pin PWM header. In BIOS you can set fan speed/profile. Or your can use Corsair link to manage the fan speed as well. But I've never used Corsair link, so I can't tell how good the software is. If you want to experiment with Corsair link. You'll have to plug the fans to the y-cable and to the pump head directly. 

In general, the regular non-PPC version is fast enough. The NF-A14 can push load of air at 1,500rpm, and already a little noisy at that speed. The reason to use Industrial PPC is mainly the color. Many people cannot stand the vomit-tan/poop brown color. If you have no problem with the color. Just use the regular NF-A14 PWM.

For CPU cooler, you want fans with PWM control. Just make sure you see PWM in the subject. Without "PWM", it is dc(voltage) control. Which is ok for case fans. Also noted, Corsair link will only work with PWM control fans.

p.s. for heaven sake, please don't get the 3,000rpm PPC version. The minimum speed is still too high for quiet operation.

The CPU-FAN on your motherboard must be a 4 pin PWM header. In BIOS you can set fan speed/profile. Or your can use Corsair link to manage the fan speed as well. But I've never used Corsair link, so I can't tell how good the software is. If you want to experiment with Corsair link. You'll have to plug the fans to the y-cable and to the pump head directly. 

In general, the regular non-PPC version is fast enough. The NF-A14 can push load of air at 1,500rpm, and already a little noisy at that speed. The reason to use Industrial PPC is mainly the color. Many people cannot stand the vomit-tan/poop brown color. If you have no problem with the color. Just use the regular NF-A14 PWM.

For CPU cooler, you want fans with PWM control. Just make sure you see PWM in the subject. Without "PWM", it is dc(voltage) control. Which is ok for case fans. Also noted, Corsair link will only work with PWM control fans.

p.s. for heaven sake, please don't get the 3,000rpm PPC version. The minimum speed is still too high for quiet operation.

Ah okay, thanks for the info. I don't mind the color as my cooler sits on top of my case, which is a 780T so it tucks away behind a black bit of the case, and I'm not taking my PC to any show off competitions to care about what color something is.

I had a look and found the spec of the fans provided by Corsair.

Fan airflow: 113 CFM

Fan static pressure: 3.99mm-H2O

Noise level: 43dB(A)

I believe the Noise level is at the max RPM (2100)

It looks like the 2000rpm PWM industrialPPC version has a better spec than these fans. However Noctuas website says their fans is 31,5 dB(A) but I'm not sure if that is under 2000RPM, I have heard that these fans are very loud, are they really quieter than the Corsair fans?

Ah okay, thanks for the info. I don't mind the color as my cooler sits on top of my case, which is a 780T so it tucks away behind a black bit of the case, and I'm not taking my PC to any show off competitions to care about what color something is.

I had a look and found the spec of the fans provided by Corsair.

Fan airflow: 113 CFM

Fan static pressure: 3.99mm-H2O

Noise level: 43dB(A)

I believe the Noise level is at the max RPM (2100)

It looks like the 2000rpm PWM industrialPPC version has a better spec than these fans. However Noctuas website says their fans is 31,5 dB(A) but I'm not sure if that is under 2000RPM, I have heard that these fans are very loud, are they really quieter than the Corsair fans?

There is no industry standard way to test the fan. The manufacturer's spec cannot be used to compare between different brands. 

e.g. All fans I test has higher noise level than what the manufacturers claim. Another thing not on the spec list is the sound pitch. Two fans may have the same noise level, but one will have higher pitch than the other. The one with higher pitch is much more noticeable and annoying. 

There is no industry standard way to test the fan. The manufacturer's spec cannot be used to compare between different brands. 

e.g. All fans I test has higher noise level than what the manufacturers claim. Another thing not on the spec list is the sound pitch. Two fans may have the same noise level, but one will have higher pitch than the other. The one with higher pitch is much more noticeable and annoying. 

Ah okay, I've seen that the Corsair fans are high in pitch but I'm unsure if that is for the models I have. It does appear that the Noctua fans are on level with the Corsair ones, just looking at reviews and all, and considering that I probably wouldn't buy replacement Corsair fans I'm probably going to go with the Noctua ones.