Replacement Laptop Keycaps?

I have an XPS 13 (2014) and I was taking off the keycaps to clean (it gets pretty messy), but one of the tabs on the 'D' key broke off and it wont stay on anymore.  Dell wants to sell me the whole keyboard for 40 bucks, and ebay has a few for 15.  I don't want the whole keyboard though, I only want one keycap.  Is there anywhere I can buy a single key?

I have an XPS 13 (2014) and I was taking off the keycaps to clean (it gets pretty messy), but one of the tabs on the 'D' key broke off and it wont stay on anymore.  Dell wants to sell me the whole keyboard for 40 bucks, and ebay has a few for 15.  I don't want the whole keyboard though, I only want one keycap.  Is there anywhere I can buy a single key?

I found this:

http://www.laptopkey.com/BrowseKeys.php/Dell

Never heard of them tho

I found this:

http://www.laptopkey.com/BrowseKeys.php/Dell

Never heard of them tho

I don't know. Sounds pretty sketchy to me. Who has one keycap of every single laptop?

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

I don't know. Sounds pretty sketchy to me. Who has one keycap of every single laptop?

Well, the worst thing that can happen is that you loose 10 bucks...

They probably recycle old notebooks or something and just sell those keycaps to make some extra money.

Most keycaps on notebooks are the same, they only differ on how they're mounted on to the board.

Well, the worst thing that can happen is that you loose 10 bucks...

They probably recycle old notebooks or something and just sell those keycaps to make some extra money.

Most keycaps on notebooks are the same, they only differ on how they're mounted on to the board.

Still, it is pretty much to lose 10 bucks.

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Heyyo,

No. It's rare to be able to buy a single key for any type of keyboard. It might be possible on newer keyboards with things like Cherry switches on them, but most? Heck no, most notebooks have unique keyboards per model.

I bought a $10 keyboard off eBay for a Samsung netbook. Works perfectly fine. You only need the mechanical part of the key, not the key itself unless the plastic tabs on the inside of the key is snapped.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

No. It's rare to be able to buy a single key for any type of keyboard. It might be possible on newer keyboards with things like Cherry switches on them, but most? Heck no, most notebooks have unique keyboards per model.

I bought a $10 keyboard off eBay for a Samsung netbook. Works perfectly fine. You only need the mechanical part of the key, not the key itself unless the plastic tabs on the inside of the key is snapped.

Soungs good, I'll save my money.  Might just have to spend a few extra dollars to get a completely whole new keyboard.