MSI Z97 Gaming 5 VS Asus Maximus VII Ranger

Hello there,

I know that there are tons of this subject here and in the net, but my specific problem, is that here in Tunisia, the coice is very limited (like very much!). I want to complete a build that I started, I already have an LDLC 500W 80+ bronze PSU (the same seasonic 520W 80+ bronze), and a Sapphire R9-280X toxic GPU. Now I am going to complete the RIG: I already chose the i7-4790K as my CPU (492$): here in Tunisia, technology will come to us very late, so waiting for broadwell or skylake, won't cut it, so I decided to spend money on a very good cpu that will last me a while (I will try a new RIG after 4 years). The problem is the mobo, I want a good mobo mainly for gaming, but I use Catia V5 for CAD and I intend to do some Overclocking in the near future (nothing very serious though). I need storage(M.2 and Sata Express are like unicorns here!) and quality. Here are the best choices in the local market:

1-MSI z97 gaming 5: 192$

2-Asus maximus vii ranger: 238$

3-MSI z97a gaming 7: 243$

4-Asus Z97 Pro Gamer 223$

5-Asrock z97 Extreme 4: 177$ (I don't like the blue theme because of my orange toxic  :P  )

Please bear in mind that we have no aftermarket service from the manufacturers, just the warranty from the seller, which is for only a year.

The other issue is the Case, mine is a cheap one and dosent' fit an ATX mobo, my budget is 150$ we have here:

1-Cooler master cm 690 III (not windowed): 146$

2-Cooler master Silencio 550: 150$

3-Corsair Carbide Spec-1(ugly): 83$

4-Corsair Carbide 100R: 84$

5-Corsair Carbide 200R: 98$

6-Corsair Carbide Spec-3: 103$

7-Corsair Graphite 230T (The orange is exessive): 112$

8-Cooler Master Silencio 550: 140$

And other cases but a bit out of my budget. I want cooling (may be I will add a watercooling kit next), looks, and relative silence.

Sorry for the lenghty article, but I trust you guys, I've chosen my PSU and GPU due to your advices, and I will continue to trust you always.

Thank you very much.

P.S:

The RAM will be an XPG 8Gb 1600MHz(86$), or Kingston Fury Red 8Gb 1866MHz (99$).

The two sites in Tunisia: prices are in TND (Tunisia Dinar)

http://www.tunisianet.com.tn/425-boitier-pour-pc-de-bureau

http://www.sbsinformatique.com/tunisie-boitiers-pc

get the cheapest one, they all do the same exact job...

get the MSI Z97 GAMING 5.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Thank you Sean, it is my favourite but I needed a second and fresh look. What about the case, any thoughts?