What's ur exp. with your 290 when playing GTA 5?

PierreCCesario

I might save some more money and go for this instead of the 380 4GB. What settings do you play at, and at what framerate? It would be helpful if you could tell the rest of the specs in your rig. Thanks :)

i5 4590 | Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | MSi H97 Gaming 3 | 8GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz | 1TB WD Blue | ADATA SP900 128GB | Seasonic M12II 620W | NZXT. S340 (Black & Red) |

I play with my 290 with most settings on the highest and usually rest in the mid 80s for my fps.

Specs in my sig.

Though before I had my i5, I was playing gta5 on the same settings with a 8320e sitting around 55-60 fps

Okay, not spectacular with my 290X. 30-50fps, though I play on nearly max settings (save for the advanced settings, haven't touched those I don't think) so I'm definitely sacrificing a good bit of performance for graphical quality.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

if you're going up to anything, make it at least a 390, preferably 390x

But its like $50 more

i5 4590 | Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | MSi H97 Gaming 3 | 8GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz | 1TB WD Blue | ADATA SP900 128GB | Seasonic M12II 620W | NZXT. S340 (Black & Red) |

I play with my 290 with most settings on the highest and usually rest in the mid 80s for my fps.

Specs in my sig.

Though before I had my i5, I was playing gta5 on the same settings with a 8320e sitting around 55-60 fps

Wow, really? Hm...that speaks strange things for my setup. Wonder if something is wrong, lol.

Привет товарищ ))))

But its like $50 more

390x > 390 > 290 > 380

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Okay, not spectacular with my 290X. 30-50fps, though I play on nearly max settings (save for the advanced settings, haven't touched those I don't think) so I'm definitely sacrificing a good bit of performance for graphical quality.

I'm guessing you put 4xmsaa on the reflections and just in general?

When I had my 290s I could run GTA5 pretty much maxed out and get above 100fps in most scenarios. When I had one enabled I would usually get at least 60 on high-ultra. The 290 would be much better than the 380 in every game.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Wow, really? Hm...that speaks strange things for my setup. Wonder if something is wrong, lol.

What I was thinking!

When I had my 290s I could run GTA5 pretty much maxed out and get above 100fps in most scenarios. When I had one enabled I would usually get at least 60 on high-ultra. The 290 would be much better than the 380 in every game.

Should I get the 390 tri-x or 290 Vapor x?

Don't get me wrong, I have all the advanced graphic settings on the lowest, since everyone says those are fps killers, and in my experience, they are. The game looks amazing without them on anyway, here's some of my screenshots. http://imgur.com/a/CgAoY

This is at 1080p

Don't get me wrong, I have all the advanced graphic settings on the lowest, since everyone says those are fps killers, and in my experience, they are. The game looks amazing without them on anyway, here's some of my screenshots. http://imgur.com/a/CgAoY

This is at 1080p

That. Game. Looks. Amazing. 290 with maxed graphics? How bout msaa and ur fps?

That. Game. Looks. Amazing. 290 with maxed graphics? How bout msaa and ur fps?

That's the graphics settings I have it on, I run it at around mid 80 fps like I said,

I can't remember the msaa but it isn't all the way up.

I'm guessing you put 4xmsaa on the reflections and just in general?

Now that you say that I do think I've got MSAA cranked up a bit.

I had a complete brain fart and forgot that MSAA really drops fps. Duh. Lol.

Привет товарищ ))))

That's the graphics settings I have it on, I run it at around mid 80 fps like I said,

I can't remember the msaa but it isn't all the way up.

Oh yeah, sorry. I'm assuming 2xmsaa since its 80 fps.. Pretty good framerate! I think I'll save some more money so that I can use this card for future games.

Now that you say that I do think I've got MSAA cranked up a bit.

I had a complete brain fart and forgot that MSAA really drops fps. Duh. Lol.

LOL xD

Oh yeah, sorry. I'm assuming 2xmsaa since its 80 fps.. Pretty good framerate! I think I'll save some more money so that I can use this card for future games.

Yeah a 290 is going for pretty cheap now, they regularly go for around $210 used on /r/hardwareswap on reddit. Just bought another to crossfire with.

Would definitely recommend to anyone, I've had nothing but good experiences with mine.

the 380 is actually a step down from the 290

Yeah, I know. I'm just trying to get the gpu for my needs for the least price.

why bother downgrading then?

I'm trying to save as much money as I can.. I can do this by getting a gpu I only need. But I think I'm gonna be going for the 290.