Which of these should I upgrade to?

Go to solution Solved by Zayzo,

I wrote that I would get a new cpu with whichever upgrade... which would be an i5-4460.

I'm blind. Yeah a 4460 will be good with a 980 ti.

Hello, I have a 1,000 dollar budget to upgrade my pc, and I plan to upgrade cpu, mobo, and gpu. I wanted to know if I should get a GTX 970 and a 1440p monitor, since my current monitor is a 32" 1080p 60hz by vizio, or should I get a 980 ti and wait till around the end of year or so and most likely get a 1440p monitor. The CPU and MOBO are the i5-4460 and the z87-A ATX. I won't be upgrading it for another 3-4 years most likely. If you think that there is another upgrade that would fit 1,000 dollars and is better, please post. Thanks for the replies.

Hello, I have a 1,000 dollar budget to upgrade my pc, and I plan to upgrade cpu, mobo, and gpu. I wanted to know if I should get a GTX 970 and a 1440p monitor, since my current monitor is a 32" 1080p 60hz by vizio, or should I get a 980 ti and wait till around the end of year or so and most likely get a 1440p monitor. The CPU and MOBO are the i5-4460 and the z87-A ATX. I won't be upgrading it for another 3-4 years most likely. If you think that there is another upgrade that would fit 1,000 dollars and is better, please post. Thanks for the replies.

Get a new cpu and a 970/r9 390

Get a new cpu and a 970/r9 390

His CPU is still great. He should get a 980 Ti and wait a few months for a 1440p monitor.

His CPU is still great. He should get a 980 Ti and wait a few months for a 1440p monitor.

A 980 ti will be bottleknecked by an 8320 at 1440p. Sorry.

A 980 ti will be bottleknecked by an 8320 at 1440p. Sorry.

I wrote that I would get a new cpu with whichever upgrade... which would be an i5-4460.

I'm blind. Yeah a 4460 will be good with a 980 ti.