PrimeNow tipping?

JewishBacon

do you tip the amazon delivery people? if so how much?

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

the primenow app has a suggested tip. looks like 10% (5 bucks on a 50$ order)

Why would you tip delivery people? In the UK that would be insane, wouldn't it work out cheaper to just go out and find it? I'll take cheaper 1 day delivery over tipping someone. 

Typically I am super happy about getting my items within a couple hours so i'm willing to tip more. 

Why would you tip delivery people? In the UK that would be insane, wouldn't it work out cheaper to just go out and find it? I'll take cheaper 1 day delivery over tipping someone.

Thats what I thought at first. but its not  the postal service that does the delivery, think of it more like ordering a pizza.

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

you don't tip pizza drivers? taxis? yes it is cheaper to go out and get it. thats the point. your paying for someone to bring it to you. they are doing the service. your tip covers the delivery of the product. 

Thats what I thought at first. but its not  the postal service that does the delivery, think of it more like ordering a pizza.

exactly. the postal service delivers to every house anyway, so it hardly costs them anything(per item) to also deliver packages. and with that you pay shipping costs. here it doesnt cost anything to ship correct? so instead you pay with a tip. 

you don't tip pizza drivers? taxis? 

Here they'll charge what it costs to pay that person a living wage without tips, we don't have the same minimum wage issues the US has were people live off tips!

here in the netherlands it is very uncommon to tip a delivery driver. i mean, it's just their job they are doing, why pay them extra? i don't get tipped to start welding everyday!

Here they'll charge what it costs to pay that person a living wage without tips, we don't have the same minimum wage issues the US has were people live off tips!

the minimum wage issue is very different then most people who live off tips. most people who live off tips make WAY above min wage, (not all)

mcdonald's here pays 9$ a hour. thats 2$ above your minimum wage, and we have a 30% income tax and a 6% sales tax, just to put things in perspective. 

From the title ("PrimeNow") and the reference to getting something in a couple hours 

Typically I am super happy about getting my items within a couple hours so i'm willing to tip more. 

I'm assuming you're talking about the same-day delivery thing that's only in like 1 city?

As far as normal UPS/USPS drivers? No. Most of the time we don't even interact. That's not the norm here. We do still tip pizza drivers and such, but food service is quite different.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

OP no need to tip them its there job. Only tip if they go above and beyond what you expect of them.

People living off tips is a good thing. They have motivation to give good service, the worst service I have had was a trip to London with school. 

People living off tips is a good thing. They have motivation to give good service

I strongly disagree, people should be paid for the job they do, not by the kindness of strangers. Tips are rewards not your pay cheque.

I strongly disagree, people should be paid for the job they do, not by the kindness of strangers. Tips are rewards not your pay cheque.

Yes be paid for the job sure, but if they do shitty then they need to be fired quicker. If they can't give great service fired them simple as that. Tips give them an incentive to give great/good service. 

Yes be paid for the job sure, but if they do shitty then they need to be fired quicker. If they can't give great service fired them simple as that. Tips give them an incentive to give great/good service. 

If they do a poor job, complain. No one should have to live off of tips, imagine not getting paid enough to make rent purely because the wrong customers came in that week? 

From the title ("PrimeNow") and the reference to getting something in a couple hours 

I'm assuming you're talking about the same-day delivery thing that's only in like 1 city?

As far as normal UPS/USPS drivers? No. Most of the time we don't even interact. That's not the norm here. We do still tip pizza drivers and such, but food service is quite different.

You have the downs. I live in Dallas where they have PrineNow. That's the whole purpose to get your items within hours. 

This has nothing to do with UPS and USPS drivers. 

You have the downs. I live in Dallas where they have PrineNow. That's the whole purpose to get your items within hours. 

Well last I'd heard, it was only for like LA and New York - it's not something that's very commonplace, hence everyone's confusion.

And making jokes about mental retardation is very immature and disgusting. Get out.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Well last I'd heard, it was only for like LA and New York - it's not something that's very commonplace, hence everyone's confusion.

And making jokes about mental retardation is very immature and disgusting. Get out.

I'm sorry you don't know what you're talking about. Don't quote me when you have no knowledge on the subject. Thanks bud take care.