Downloading Windows 10 to a new SSD

Snoyper

I got an SSD recently, because i found it on sale for a cheap price, and I wanted to make my computer boot faster. When i got my PC last year, i only had an HDD, so I have Windows 7 on it.

Since I can get Windows 10, is there any way that I'm able to install it so that it boots from my SSD once it's released?

I got an SSD recently, because i found it on sale for a cheap price, and I wanted to make my computer boot faster. When i got my PC last year, i only had an HDD, so I have Windows 7 on it.

Since I can get Windows 10, is there any way that I'm able to install it so that it boots from my SSD once it's released?

There are 2 things you can do.

First is you can migrate your current drive to the SSD if you have enough available hdd space then let windows update to 10 in a week.

Or second you can wait until it's fully released, get an ISO and install a fresh copy to the ssd.

-アパゾ

Today I received an email from Microsoft telling me that once the OS is available it would download automatically in the background and ask me to upgrade, so if you clone your HDD to your SDD once WIN 10 is out you would have it.

If you want a fresh install on your SDD I'm pretty shure you would be able to download the ISO once it's released.

I tried to migrate before, but it didn't work so well, so I'll try to get an ISO and do that. Thanks!