Most Functional Chromebook?

I've ordered a great gaming/media laptop for college, but it's very heavy, and I have some money left over. I'd like to be able to carry a lighter computer with me from class to class. I'm looking for the most functional chromebook (most memory, most pc-like features) while still being less than 500$. I'm looking at the HP 14 touch chromebook, is there any better option?

Only 13 and 14 inch screen models please.

I'd just go and buy a Surface. I have one and it's better than I expected (and I had high hopes)

I'd just go and buy a Surface. I have one and it's better than I expected (and I had high hopes)

I can't charge my phone using a surface, and I'd prefer a real keyboard to an attached one.

I can't charge my phone using a surface, and I'd prefer a real keyboard to an attached one.

I charge my phone using mine..............

I've ordered a great gaming/media laptop for college, but it's very heavy, and I have some money left over. I'd like to be able to carry a lighter computer with me from class to class. I'm looking for the most functional chromebook (most memory, most pc-like features) while still being less than 500$. I'm looking at the HP 14 touch chromebook, is there any better option?

Only 13 and 14 inch screen models please.

How bout the hp stream 11. Only $199 and has full windows 8.1.

How bout the hp stream 11. Only $199 and has full windows 8.1.

I am still thinking about getting myself one of them Stream Laptops for really simple work stuff like web-based support or RDP. It'd be perfect, especially considering the builtin SIM giving about 300 MB / month.

If I were you and it's purely for that I'd go with a Stream over a Chromebook any day.

To be fair, though: I have used a chromebook for surfing for a good while and it was very good.

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.