Perfect barebones HTPC?

Grega216

Was looking trough good small barebones to mach a i5-5675C build when I found this: 

http://www.msi.com/product/bb/Hetis-H81.html ( all specs are located here!)

600.png

600.png

It got space for a PCIe card over the motherboard, it comes with a 270W PSU (you maybe fit a 750ti in there)

Linus was talking about his dream HTPC case a will ago on the WAN Show (don't remember the specifics) but my memories says this is close

What do you think of it? For me it seems it got som outdated ports (VGA, 2 COM and USB 2) and the design could have been better, else it looks like a promising HTPC

(it is almost 5am over here in Norway, I have never written so few errors in my english (word for word), so I might go to sleep because it is 5am)

Just ask, I properly know something about it. And I know my member title is wrong they just can't spell cookie right

From the page: " 80 PLUS Power Supply for more Energy Efficient" - gg they tried

My guess is that it suffers from the woes of most prebuilts: shitty PSUs and fans as well as bloatware for days. I could be wrong though.

I would still build my own.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

There's always building your own... or getting a compute stick.

Also, H81 won't be compatible with Broadwell.

"Rawr XD"

But on the size side is smaller in every direction compare to the Silverstone RVZ01

Silverstone RVZ01

Dimension  382mm (W) x 105mm (H) x 350mm (D)

MSI Hetis H81

Dimension 330 x 94 x 320 mm

Just ask, I properly know something about it. And I know my member title is wrong they just can't spell cookie right

But on the size side is smaller in every direction compare to the Silverstone RVZ01

Silverstone RVZ01

Dimension  382mm (W) x 105mm (H) x 350mm (D)

MSI Hetis H81

Dimension 330 x 94 x 320 mm

But at least RVZ01 with a 9-series board will allow you to use your desired CPU, unlike the Hetis H81 which won't work with 5675C.

"Rawr XD"

But at least RVZ01 with a 9-series board will allow you to use your desired CPU, unlike the Hetis H81 which won't work with 5675C.

I think the idea of something like this is not to have a great iGPU but to use a dedicated GPU. For a 5675C a smaller case would be fitting.

I think the idea of something like this is not to have a great iGPU but to use a dedicated GPU. For a 5675C a smaller case would be fitting.

If that riser is really PCI-X you don't really want to put a GPU in there

This is a signature.

If that riser is really PCI-X you don't really want to put a GPU in there

Where did you get the idea of PCI-X?? The specs says it is PCIe and PCI