First Time Build, dont know if I have everything or not.

Nilkin
Go to solution Solved by grayblizzard,

Hello, this is my first big pc build and was wondering if I have all the required components, I have the budget for the items listed and plan on purchasing them for this build, I was wondering If i was missing anything that I need for it.

Case:

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Full Tower Case with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (RC-932-KKN5-GP)

Motherboard:

MSI Computer ATX DDR4 LGA 2011-3 Motherboard X99S SLI Krait Edition

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 2666 (PCI4-21300) 2666MHz C16 memory kit for DDR4 Systems (CMK16GX4M4A2666C16)

Heatsink:

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO-CPU cooler with 120mm PWN Fan

Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound, 3.5grams

Graphics Card:

EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti ACX SC+ ACX 2.0+ Backplate

CPU:

Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Desktop Processor

Power Supply:

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 80+ Gold, 850W ECO Mode Fully modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready

Drive:

Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive DRW-24B1ST

Memory storage:

WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5inch, SATA 6gb/s, 7200RPM, 64mb cache

Cable for memory:

Monoprice 18-inch SATA III 6.0gbps cable with locking latch and 1x90-degree plug

That is my list of items for building my pc, I was curious as to wether i was missing anything, or if there was a compatibility issue with any of these. Mind you this is my first big build, and I do wish for it to be a DDR4 build, and I will be using it a lot. Thank you :)

Looks like a great build man maybe put into pcpartpicker to make it a little easier

Hello, this is my first big pc build and was wondering if I have all the required components, I have the budget for the items listed and plan on purchasing them for this build, I was wondering If i was missing anything that I need for it.

Case:

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Full Tower Case with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (RC-932-KKN5-GP)

Motherboard:

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 2666 (PCI4-21300) 2666MHz C16 memory kit for DDR4 Systems (CMK16GX4M4A2666C16)

Heatsink:

Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound, 3.5grams

Graphics Card:

CPU:

Power Supply:

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 80+ Gold, 850W ECO Mode Fully modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready

Drive:

Memory storage:

WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5inch, SATA 6gb/s, 7200RPM, 64mb cache

Cable for memory:

Monoprice 18-inch SATA III 6.0gbps cable with locking latch and 1x90-degree plug

That is my list of items for building my pc, I was curious as to wether i was missing anything, or if there was a compatibility issue with any of these. Mind you this is my first big build, and I do wish for it to be a DDR4 build, and I will be using it a lot. Thank you :)

@Nilkin

I'd say that you have everything. Your mobo will come with a SATA cable so I wouldn't buy it unless you want that locking latch. I also would recommend an SSD for booting, which will make it much snappier.

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

Case:

Motherboard:

Heatsink:

Graphics Card:

CPU:

Power Supply:

Drive:

Memory storage:

Cable for memory:

Looks like a great build man maybe put into pcpartpicker to make it a little easier

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Thanks, never would of thought about pcpartpicker, ill try that, Thanks on the suggestion of the SSD as well.

Case:

Motherboard:

Heatsink:

Graphics Card:

CPU:

Power Supply:

Drive:

Memory storage:

Cable for memory:

Buy a SSD drive as well as it's a lot faster and will improve OS and boot up speeds of applications and faster OS boot from cold boot

If you're not overclocking then that build is fine but if so then you could get a better cooler but also you don't need to buy thermal paste as coolers come with it

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

thanks if i was picking a different cooler I would of picked the corsair H100i rad but i picked that one due to budget. If i was to pick an SSD, what should I go for that would be relativly cheap?

thanks if i was picking a different cooler I would of picked the corsair H100i rad but i picked that one due to budget. If i was to pick an SSD, what should I go for that would be relativly cheap?

Maybe a Kingston 120GB HyperX Fury,Crucial BX100,Adata,Corsair LS Force

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4