Backlight Working, Screen not displaying nothing.

Nightly23

So, today I got a replacement screen for my laptop. Upon connecting the video cable, the backlight was working but when I booted up the laptop, the actual display showed nothing, no startup logo, no nothing. I can adjust the brightness, etc... Keep in mind that this replacement screen is brand new.

Any suggestions?

You probably didn't install it properly

When I plug the video cable to my old display, it works fine except from the fact it's cracked.

Backlight on an unpowered LCD emits white light. My frankenmonitor flashes white after tuning off. Is the screen white or black while running?

My backlight is white. My screen is just...well...normal except from the fact it's not showing anything.

When I plug the video cable to my old display, it works fine except from the fact it's cracked.

My backlight is white. My screen is just...well...normal except from the fact it's not showing anything.

it might be a bad replacement screen. Is it aftermarket or OEM? Did you try reseating the connector or poking at it while running?

The company sent me the replacement screen. I tried doing everything you suggested but nothing seems to work.