Das Keyboard

Mark Snow

So, I got the clicky professional version (with the labels). The reason being that prior to watching Linus and moreover Slick since he seems to drool over good keyboards I truthfully had no idea that a really good keyboard could make a big difference. I've found that this thing makes me type like a beast, just because the way that I type is very feedback based, and so I know about 90% of the time if I've made a mistake due to the fact that I usually miss a key or something. I'm a programmer and as a result of that I'm generally not required to type a huge quantity of characters or be particularly good at it (there really aren't THAT many characters in a typical file in a program, its more thought than code). Since I don't game (I'm very much one of those "Professional" people, my system is for work but I like it ;)) I never cared that much about the keyboard.

While in particular watching the live streams I saw the Ducky keyboard and thought "how cool" then did some other research into it and decided that I didn't want a ducky keyboard (I couldn't find one that had the number pad, since I use that all the time, required to) and I don't care about it having a million and one lights on it, and doing research into the company that makes the Das Keyboard and all the colored switches and what have you that that's what I would get (Cherry MX Blue switches). I could not be happier. I think that Linus should do more videos on the real difference between mechanical and membrane keyboards because it could (and does) make a HUGE difference, and I can guarantee most people don't know about it (the people that I work with, the people that write the software that you use, had no idea).

Sorry for the rambling, this keyboard is a bit more elevated than my previous one and so I have to position my left (primary) arm a bit differently which causes me to have to take breaks for the first couple of days using this. Standard with a new keyboard with this pathetically small desk.

You can easily get Ducky's with a numberpad, most have one actually.

Ducky Shine II, Ducky DK2108 Zero Series, Ducky DK9008G2 PRO, Ducky DK9008G2, Ducky DK1008, and the Ducky DK9000G2 all have numpads integrated into the keyboard.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Thanks, but while I am aware that that is the case, what I meant to say was (I had just woken up, I got woken up by the doorbell) that I could not find one that is purchaseable from a place that I trust AND have mx blues. I'm sure that I could have asked around here for a suitable website to purchase from, but I am very particular and I really only like purchasing from newegg (although I would trust and check NCIX, I don't have an account yet and afaik they don't have a mobile app and when your keyboard breaks you want the easiest way to purchase one as possible) and very very very rarely Amazon.