looking for two 27in monitors

sunnypsidup

hey guys so I'm shopping around trying to find two 27 inch 1080 monitors with 144hz, i  have a budget of $750-$800 max to spend. Any suggestions?

thanks

For 1080 I would not reccomend a 27" as the pixel density is VERY low. I have a 23.6" 1080p display and I still think that the pixel density is too low for my liking. I would reccomend a 24" 1440p or a 1080p 24"

If you go 27" use 1440p

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

If you go 27" use 1440p

if i went with 1440p what monitors would you recommend in my price range 

I have this one and it's amazing. It is 43% off, so that is really cool. http://www.amazon.com/PB278Q-27-Inch-LED-lit-Professional-Graphics/dp/B009C3M7H0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436861515&sr=8-1&keywords=Asus+PB278QR 

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Acer XB270HU (1440p, 144hz, IPS, 4ms)

Asus PG278Q (1440p, 144hz, TN, 1ms)

Im colorblind so i have a REALLY hard time to see the difference between IPS and TN but everyone is like "OMG IPS IS SO MUCH BETTER" so go with whatever.

Acer XB270HU (1440p, 144hz, IPS, 4ms)

Asus PG278Q (1440p, 144hz, TN, 1ms)

Im colorblind so i have a REALLY hard time to see the difference between IPS and TN but everyone is like "OMG IPS IS SO MUCH BETTER" so go with whatever.

Both monitors mentioned are absolutely amazing and costs about as much, so Acer would be worth it considering IPS is worth it. Though both screens are also known for having LOADS of problems, so getting them requires research.

Having TWO monitors for gaming is the most stupid idea ever...  get a 21:9 instead

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-XR341CK-bmijpphz-34-inch-UltraWide/dp/B0111MRT90/?tag=electronicsmini-20

like this, 75hz, freesync, IPS - ye, its more expensive, but it`ll last you 10 years

if 1100$ is too much, wait for a sale or price drop... but there really is no point in getting two shitty monitors - that would just be throwing money in the WC

Having TWO monitors for gaming is the most stupid idea ever...  get a 21:9 instead

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-XR341CK-bmijpphz-34-inch-UltraWide/dp/B0111MRT90/?tag=electronicsmini-20

like this, 75hz, freesync, IPS - ye, its more expensive, but it`ll last you 10 years

if 1100$ is too much, wait for a sale or price drop... but there really is no point in getting two shitty monitors - that would just be throwing money in the WC

While I agree 21:9 at 34" is the way to go if you have the money, I don't agree on the monitor choice you linked 

You linked a monitor not yet available, and which isn't meant to be released in the US till September, and you linked the freesync version when there is also a g sync version that will become available, the Acer XR341CKA (Yes the same product number just an A added on aha)

Although even still I wouldn't say getting either of those is worth it, why not just get a current 34" 21:9 3440x1440 like the LG 34UM95, he should be able to find one just at the higher scale of his budget. 

Or even cheaper still the AOC U3477PQU (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aoc-34-ips-led-hd-219-ultrawide-monitor-black/1206369.p?id=1219478148445&skuId=1206369)%C2'>

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

While I agree 21:9 at 34" is the way to go if you have the money, I don't agree on the monitor choice you linked 

You linked a monitor not yet available, and which isn't meant to be released in the US till September, and you linked the freesync version when there is also a g sync version that will become available, the Acer XR341CKA (Yes the same product number just an A added on aha)

Although even still I wouldn't say getting either of those is worth it, why not just get a current 34" 21:9 3440x1440 like the LG 34UM95, he should be able to find one just at the higher scale of his budget. 

Or even cheaper still the AOC U3477PQU (

Because if you want to spend time enjoying GAMES, instead of tearing and sutters - you want freesync or gsync. 

Not to mention - if your goal is to ENJOY gaming - you want a 21:9 IPS monitor.

That monitor will not last 10 years. First of all a lot of people will move onto 4k 40" within the year and that monitor will look quaint by comparison. Second in like 3 yrs 5k will probably become affordable and in 5 yrs 8k will start becoming mainstream. 

Because if you want to spend time enjoying GAMES, instead of tearing and sutters - you want freesync or gsync. 

You can enable vsync to get rid of the tearing if your FPS is high enough. 

21:9 v 16:9 is debatable. I've used both. I personally prefer 16:9 in most situations. 

This is like the 3rd or 4th post where you have advised someone with a nvidia card to get a freesync monitor... (And one that isn't even available yet in this case) 

You do know that g sync only works on nvidia and freesync only works on AMD for now right? 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

That monitor will not last 10 years. First of all a lot of people will move onto 4k 40" within the year and that monitor will look quaint by comparison. Second in like 3 yrs 5k will probably become affordable and in 5 yrs 8k will start becoming mainstream. 

You can enable vsync to get rid of the tearing if your FPS is high enough. 

21:9 v 16:9 is debatable. I've used both. I personally prefer 16:9 in most situations. 

Quite delusional you are with regards to new tech.

Not to mention - seems you dont know what gsync/freesync actually is.