Fractal Design Define R4 Airflow

InfinityHardware

I am building a computer for my friend in the Fractal Design Define R4 case. Right now I have two stock fans in he front and one in the back. Other fans are the GTX 670 fan and the stock Intel CPU cooler. I need to know if this is good for airflow because I want to overclock the 670 but it is a reference design by PNY so I need good air flow to keep it cool. If that setup isn't good for airflow, how can I fix it? All the stock fans are 140mm and the top five hard drive bays are removed.

Just max out your gtx670 with some heaven (min settings for heat), or 3dmark (notice I didn't say use kombuster) and record your temps with afterburner and gpu-z. If you're only hitting like 60C then yeah, push it until you're about 70C. You can prolly push until 80-90C but that's not very safe for your house.

For better air flow just get some more fans or move the rear fan to the front for more intake and just get rid of the HDD mounts all together. If you have an HDD there just find a way to stick it in the optical drive. If you have an optical drive there, just put it in the closet.

GL and tell us what you managed to get. You will prolly spend days OCing your card. It's not as easy to get a max OC with video cards as it is with CPUs :P

I moved the front fan to the bottom to help a little with noise. I haven't had any overheating issues with my 7970ghz.

There shouldn't be any problem with the fan in the front instead of the bottom.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Just max out your gtx670 with some heaven (min settings for heat), or 3dmark (notice I didn't say use kombuster) and record your temps with afterburner and gpu-z. If you're only hitting like 60C then yeah, push it until you're about 70C. You can prolly push until 80-90C but that's not very safe for your house.

For better air flow just get some more fans or move the rear fan to the front for more intake and just get rid of the HDD mounts all together. If you have an HDD there just find a way to stick it in the optical drive. If you have an optical drive there, just put it in the closet.

GL and tell us what you managed to get. You will prolly spend days OCing your card. It's not as easy to get a max OC with video cards as it is with CPUs :P

Wouldn't I also need to run a stress test to make sure it is stable? It has to be stable because if it isn't my friend can't fix any problems it might have.

A good stress test would be 3DMark (Just 3DMark, not 11, not vantage) Its really tough. Run it 3-4 times after you test your OC's with Heaven (min settings for max heat)

Why not 3D Mark 11 or vantage?