PC overheat, need help!

Go to solution Solved by t-scene,

Is the led on the pump even on?

It appears you have the pump plugged into a fan header on the motherboard. Make sure you have the speed set a 100%.

First of all, My name is ken and i am new to this "building pc". Any help would be appreciated.

Here are my pc specs :

- Procie : i5 4460 3.2 Ghz

- Motherboard : Asrock Z87 Pro4

- Memory : DDR3 8Gb

- GPU : GTX 760

- Cooler : Cooler master Seidon 120 V

- Thermal compound : from cooler itself 

- Case : Thermaltake Commander Series VN40006W2N

- Fans : 2 aftermarket fans

Its been 1 year, its enough for me to play LoL at around 280-320 FPS but after recently i can barely play with 120 fps, and it keeps going down to 40 even 19 FPS. I realized it was the heat, and dust.

So i clean it. Every. Single. Corner. And yes, i cleaned it before i reapplied the thermal paste. 

Managed to get around 250 FPS for a couple of matches i played. But after that its coming back again.

What should i do?

Get a better case, if so whats the best and literally less than $200?

Change the cooler and the thermal compound like arctic silver 5?

and of course, whats the best fans to help the airway? is it 2 fan or one large fan?

Thanks

Edit*

Cooler : Cooler Master Seidon 120V

My budget is around 350$, and folks in here told me to change cooling and add some fans. Any recommendations is appreciated.

Fixed*

Turns out i installed the socket, WRONG. now is on like you see in the picture here. 

20150711_222843.jpg

and here is the result of that.

thanks.jpg_1.png

That is lads, it's been quite a journey.

My best buddy says thanks. He helps me too!.

C360_2015-07-11-22-02-02-057.jpg

:ph34r:      i5 4460 3.2 Ghz | Asrock Z87 Pro4 | DDR3 16Gb | GTX 760 | Seidon 120 V     :ph34r:

First of all, My name is ken and i am new to this "building pc". Any help would be appreciated.

Here are my pc specs :

- Cooler : Cooler master Nepton 120XL

Its been 1 year, its enough for me to play LoL at around 280-320 FPS but after recently i can barely play with 120 fps, and it keeps going down to 40 even 19 FPS. I realized it was the heat, and dust.

So i clean it. Every. Single. Corner. And yes, i cleaned it before i reapplied the thermal paste. 

Managed to get around 250 FPS for a couple of matches i played. But after that its coming back again.

What should i do?

and of course, whats the best fans to help the airway? is it 2 fan or one large fan?

Thanks

follow your topic

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

+

Here are my pc specs :

- Cooler : Cooler master Nepton 120XL

What should i do?

Thanks

Hmm, sounds like thermal throttling, It could be a fault with the card

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Well seeing as it was fine then suddenly stopped being fine, then after cleaning it was fine then not again. I think we can conclude that the problem isn't dust but it may still be heat.

get hardware monitor or some other temp monitoring and see what temps your computer is getting to.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Well seeing as it was fine then suddenly stopped being fine, then after cleaning it was fine then not again. I think we can conclude that the problem isn't dust but it may still be heat.

get hardware monitor or some other temp monitoring and see what temps your computer is getting to.

i am afraid, it is.. just downloaded CPUID Hardware Monitor, and..

Untitled.png

:ph34r:      i5 4460 3.2 Ghz | Asrock Z87 Pro4 | DDR3 16Gb | GTX 760 | Seidon 120 V     :ph34r:

Untitled.png

Did you take this at idle?

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

+

Hmm, sounds like thermal throttling, It could be a fault with the card

i checked about thermal throttling, i think the problem is the heat. 

Untitled.png

I wouldn't recommend getting a new case (although I would love to take every opportunity to be whore and brag about my corsair graphite 780t) as it's not worth the money. Here's what is worth the money: since your CPU is thermal throttling itself, get yourself another pair of case fans (120mm or better yet 140mm) to help pull more air into your case. Also, throw away that stock intel cooler you're using (I'm gonna assume it's the stock one since no other cooler would allow your CPU to hit 98 degrees) and get yourself a cooler master hyper 212 evo, it's reasonably priced and does an excellent job cooling.

Did you take this at idle?

At idle, yes. But its not like i just turned my pc on. you know, so you can see the literal heat from the start. I think i should do that now. should i? 

I wouldn't recommend getting a new case (although I would love to take every opportunity to be whore and brag about my corsair graphite 780t) as it's not worth the money. Here's what is worth the money: since your CPU is thermal throttling itself, get yourself another pair of case fans (120mm or better yet 140mm) to help pull more air into your case. Also, throw away that stock intel cooler you're using (I'm gonna assume it's the stock one since no other cooler would allow your CPU to hit 98 degrees) and get yourself a cooler master hyper 212 evo, it's reasonably priced and does an excellent job cooling.

+ and, noted thanks

About the corsair graphite, thats cool. Haha

At idle, yes. But its not like i just turned my pc on. you know, so you can see the literal heat from the start. I think i should do that now. should i? 

Yes

Check the temp in your bios and also check if realtemp gives these high temps.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

that CPU you tem is what i would be worried about thast pushing up to 100C. I can bet that CPU cooler isn't seated correctly.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

that CPU you tem is what i would be worried about thast pushing up to 100C. I can bet that CPU cooler isn't seated correctly.

its fasten enough. the guide told me dont need to put force into it.

This is the idle one, i turned it off for 30 minutes.. 

Untitled2.png

Check the temp in your bios and also check if realtemp gives these high temps.

real temp you mean my room? its not that hot.

Yes

This is the result

Untitled2.png

Three questions:

Is there a way to verify the pump is running in the AIO cooler?

Has water leaked somehow and is now boiling off at around 100C?

Is there a kink in a water line?

Those temps are way too high for any liquid cooler.

real temp you mean my room? its not that hot.

I meant the program called Realtemp.

http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Three questions:

Is there a way to verify the pump is running in the AIO cooler?

Has water leaked somehow and is now boiling off at around 100C?

Is there a kink in a water line?

Those temps are way too high for any liquid cooler.

well its a stock cooler i think, i dont expect much.. and i have been using it for 1 year.   

1. yes, theres a way

2. Nope , just tropical. And bad airflow

3. Not sure

I meant the program called Realtemp.

http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

i have just figure it out, bad airflow management. its a bit tricky, i put "exhaust" fan 2 and 1 intake fan which is negative.

I turn it into 2 intake fan and 1 exhaust fan. It does improve a little bit.

from realtemp 

Untitled4.png

from CPU HW monitor

Untitled3.jpg

This my airflow work. Good or bad?

20150711_025839.jpg

This my airflow work. Good or bad?

You need to get air in from the front as well. I have two fans in the front, one on the side and only one exhaust on the back.

But still, this is not only your airflow doing this. Even with terrible airflow these temps are high. Are you sure you applied the thermal paste correctly and didn't forget to remove any stickers on the heatsink or some other little thing?

Edit: maybe try a different thermal paste brand.

Sounds like a badly seated water block to me.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

You need to get air in from the front as well. I have two fans in the front, one on the side and only one exhaust on the back.

But still, this is not only your airflow doing this. Even with terrible airflow these temps are high. Are you sure you applied the thermal paste correctly and didn't forget to remove any stickers on the heatsink or some other little thing?

Edit: maybe try a different thermal paste brand.

yeah, i was thinking with Arctic silver 5.

About correct or not how i applied the thermal paste, i used p method or bb method just a little drop. Yes i peeled it.  My case isnt build for front fan, but.. i might be installing some fan insight facing the back way of the airflow.