Computer makes a loud clanking noise on startup

pvknbd

Ok so I had my computer on for almost a week now and everything was ok then I turned it off and went to sleep and turned it on in the morning today and as soon as I did it starting making a loud noise I'm not 100% sure how to describe it does not sound like some fan is hitting a wire or something just a loud noise now I'm not 100% sure where it's coming from I think it may be coming from the power supply because whenever my computer is on I can hear a slight ticking noise from the bottom of the case which is where the power supply is (atleast I think thats where it's coming from) I've had this same problem before but just holding down the power button and turning it back on again usually fixes the problem but this time after the 3rd time of holding the power button and turning it back on it stil makes the loud noise and I don't want to do it again so I was wondering what can be the problem and how can I fix it

If you think its the PSU; take it out of the rig, hold it upside down, prop something to prevent the fan from spinning, and blow some compressed air into it. See if anything falls out or moves around.

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Cinebench R15: 636(all cores), 127FPS

I don't think its the dust some people say something about the bearings or something

If you want to know if the problem is the PSU, just unplug everything, GPU, HDD/SSD, Motherboard, Fans, everything.

Now bridge the green with ANY black wire on the 24-pin cord of the PSU and the fan should start spinning.

ATX_MB_PLUG.jpg

at this time you could sort out if the PSU fan is the problem or not, if it is the problem, just RMA the thing

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1

Is there maybe a fan that has a wire near it that's sometimes getting caught?

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac