Best Kindle?

Arixl

I'm doing a study that has ALOT of reading that decided to get a kindle, i'm just not sure if there is a "best" one or what ones are shit rip offs and what ones are good, or if they're all just fine and do the same job, price isn't an issue as well, thanks!

I guess what i'm asking what kindle should i use as a student who is doing alot of reading, and if there good for text books that i'll be getting.

First of all I think what you are trying to refer to is eReader devices right? Amazon's Kindle family is just one of many different eReaders. Since I have experience with Amazon Kindle products I can definitely recommend them. I personally have a 1st gen Paperwhite and I must say I love it. Right now the new 3rd gen Paperwhite is out and it is basically exactly the same as the Voyage in terms of specs apart from features such as Adaptive front light and PagePress (the side button things). The Voyage also has the screen flush with the casing where the Paperwhite's front case is elevated above the screen.

I would recommend you get the new Paperwhite unless you want the extra features of the Voyage since the Paperwhite is cheaper and now has the same gorgeous high resolution 1430 x 1080 screen with the same lighting as the Voyage. I had experience with the Voyage since my friend owns one and the device and the screen is beautiful.

I personally use my Kindle for manga which is where the high resolution really shines but if you plan on using your eReader for books, the higher resolution will help with reading smaller text from a distance since it will be crisp clear. The key feature for me is the front light which has been improved greatly in the new Kindles compared to the one I have and make for a really nice experience when reading at night and help in making the screen seem more white and paper-like during the day and night.

EDIT: Especially for a student the higher resolution screen should help when viewing PDF files of manuals, guides, study books, etc.

EDIT2: This video covers the comparison pretty well

P.S.

@Arixl Make sure you follow your topic by clicking the button on the far right side of the title so that you get notifications about the comments made in that topic. You can do it when creating the topic too. There will be an option on the right sidebar.

EDIT: Especially for a student the higher resolution screen should help when viewing PDF files of manuals, guides, study books, etc.

Okay, out of those two or even maybe other ones, what one would be better suited for big text bigs for my study i looked at the video and the Voyage looks like the one i'd go for, also thanks for the reply and putting so much effort into explaining why.

EDIT: you did say the Voyage works with PDF files, is there other products better suited for what i'll be using this for? Or is this the right product for what i need.

EDIT 2: Is kindle fire xhd is better then voyage , in terms does it offer the same kind of benefits for textbooks, as it has colour?

I'm doing a study that has ALOT of reading that decided to get a kindle, i'm just not sure if there is a "best" one or what ones are shit rip offs and what ones are good, or if they're all just fine and do the same job, price isn't an issue as well, thanks!

If all you need it for is reading get the Kindle Paperwhite.  Its amazing for reading.  If you want something a little "more" get a FireHD, the HDX should only be gotten if you plan on investing in the platform, or if you're giving it as a gift to someone less computer savvy.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Okay, out of those two or even maybe other ones, what one would be better suited for big text bigs for my study i looked at the video and the Voyage looks like the one i'd go for, also thanks for the reply and putting so much effort into explaining why.

I would say the Kindle Voyage is the best eReader you can get right now in general. The Paperwhite is very close in terms of performance as you saw in that video so it's up to you if you want to spend the extra money for a slightly better experience overall and the extra features I mentioned. It's pretty hard for me to say if the books you plan on reading using the device will be perfectly clear on the device but as far as I can tell you should be fine. I may seem a little biased to the Kindle devices but they are the only ones that I have experience with. Best thing you could do is see if any local stores have the Paperwhite and the Voyage so you can judge them yourself. The alternative to an eReader would be getting a tablet with a high resolution screen but obviously those are going to be more expensive and you have to deal with an LCD screen rather than eInk.

Also judging from how Amazon releases their devices I assume they will come out with a new version of the Voyage by the end of this year. They usually show new Kindles in October/September which has been the trend for a while now with the exception of the newest Paperwhite which released last month. Just something you might want to keep in mind if you are not in a hurry so you may be able to get the new revision assuming that they update it this year.

@Damikiller37 thanks for the awesome replies dude i think i'll get the Voyage outside of my text books i also like to do alot of reading, so i think it will be a great pick up, i wish i did have enough time to wait for the new one, but i'm going on a trip soon and need it for that, anyway thanks for your help <3