Nvidia GeForce 700 Series

Lthenaly

Hey Guys,

I am not sure if i'm just late to the party with this info but it is something which interests me a bit, we all know that the new 700 series cards are not far off & when browsing the nvidia website i did notice that in the driver section they do list the GeForce 700m, so does this mean that we will soon start to see a lot of information relating to 700m & 700 cards because i sure would love to know how much more improvement these next gen cards are going to be as im pretty sure will be upgrading my 590 to the new 700 series.

Please speculate or if you have information relating to the cards would be pretty cool & also some opinions on them.

700m is the mobile series. The Titan is said to release this month to compete with PS4, so we'll see.

700m is the mobile series. The Titan is said to release this month to compete with PS4' date=' so we'll see. [/quote'] What does the Titan have to do with the PS4 ?

Apprently they need to push hard to compete with next gen consoles coming out this year, and want to get a head start. You can read about it on TechPowerUp. It is just going to be a paper launch anyway, we'll get benchmarks and stuff, but consumers won't get it for a few months.

700m is the mobile series. The Titan is said to release this month to compete with PS4' date=' so we'll see. [/quote'] What does the Titan have to do with the PS4 ?
Apprently they need to push hard to compete with next gen consoles coming out this year, and want to get a head start. You can read about it on TechPowerUp. It is just going to be a paper launch anyway, we'll get benchmarks and stuff, but consumers won't get it for a few months.

nVidia said nothing of sorts, it's what the techpowerup.com writer "thinks".

nVidia doesn't even acknowledge the existence of GeForce Titan, let alone reveal it's plans with it.

I've already read the article , it's clearly marked "editorial" which represents the writer's opinion nothing more.

It's also ridiculous & almost insulting to the PC gaming industry to say that nVidia would intend for a premium 900$ product to compete with a game console .

nVidia said nothing of sorts, it's what the techpowerup.com writer "thinks".

nVidia doesn't even acknowledge the existence of GeForce Titan, let alone reveal it's plans with it.

I've already read the article , it's clearly marked "editorial" which represents the writer's opinion nothing more.

It's also ridiculous & almost insulting to the PC gaming industry to say that nVidia would intend for a premium 900$ product to compete with a game console .

Not really, look how hard nVidia is trying to breath life into the PC and make it more interesting and make people want to use it. Just look at CES. It isn't hard to imagine they want to release a busted card that will draw people PC gaming. Is it a insulting? Yes. Does that make it any less true, not really. Gotta draw in the console crowd anyway you can.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rumored Titan is released as a GTX6xx series, as that's what it's based off. It doesn't make sense for Nvidia to put it as a 7xx card, as they won't have any lower-end cards to sell with it, save perhaps two lower tiers of binned chips.

Mind you, this is purely speculation since I have no idea what Nvidia is planning, releasing a GK110 consumer-grade card in general at this point seems rather odd to me anyways. I'm suspecting it may have to to with AMD's recent performance increase and the approach of another refresh from them, but I'm not sure.

Nvidia doesn't really care about the PS4, nor the next XBox. First of all, Nvidia makes little profit on the desktop and even less so on laptop market. What makes Nvidia bring money and make the company operates, are the Quadro and Tesla cards. Same for AMD with their Radeon/FireGL cards. This is a fact.

I read techpowerup.com write opinion. He doesn't know what he is talking about:

#1- PC gamer aren't going to switch to console. They might have a console and a PC, but that's no sign of transition. It's just to get to play exclusive game on the console of the user choice, or seek a different gaming experience.

#2- what ever the PS4 and the next XBox... even if it's a using a Kepler GPU (GTX 600 series), teh graphic will be crap compared to PC. Why? Because it will be a majorly cut down, custom chip, or some super low end model. Yes it will be more powerful than the current gen (usually that's the idea), but PC performance? Ha! Not with a 400$ price tag. 1500$.. maybe.. I guess a GeForce 640 or at best 650 can fit inside for that price. People expect a big jump like the PS2 to PS3. But what they fail to see is that, the GameCube which wasn't popular at all, was a powerful console than the PS2. And also more than half the work in better visuals, is running the game at higher settings. Try this: Set your games at Max setting at 640x480. Try this. They'll look like the Wii, possibly worse. Or the reverse, minimum setting, but from 640x480, to 1920x1080. Graphics are the same, but visuals are much better. That's half the work, possibly more. The rest is having specs from the GPU to increase a bit the graphic settings. So in result, games will look better.. a bit.. the big change is having more games running at 1080p at 60fps, instead of 720p @ 60fps or 720p @ 30fps

#3 Sony next console, will be a 400-450$. And minimal loss on the console. So, no definitely not powerful. Same for Microsoft.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rumored Titan is released as a GTX6xx series, as that's what it's based off. It doesn't make sense for Nvidia to put it as a 7xx card, as they won't have any lower-end cards to sell with it, save perhaps two lower tiers of binned chips.

Mind you, this is purely speculation since I have no idea what Nvidia is planning, releasing a GK110 consumer-grade card in general at this point seems rather odd to me anyways. I'm suspecting it may have to to with AMD's recent performance increase and the approach of another refresh from them, but I'm not sure.

I completely agree.

Nvidia doesn't really care about the PS4' date=' nor the next XBox. First of all, Nvidia makes little profit on the desktop and even less so on laptop market. What makes Nvidia bring money and make the company operates, are the Quadro and Tesla cards. Same for AMD with their Radeon/FireGL cards. This is a fact. I read techpowerup.com write opinion. He doesn't know what he is talking about: #1- PC gamer aren't going to switch to console. They might have a console and a PC, but that's no sign of transition. It's just to get to play exclusive game on the console of the user choice, or seek a different gaming experience. #2- what ever the PS4 and the next XBox... even if it's a using a Kepler GPU (GTX 600 series), teh graphic will be crap compared to PC. Why? Because it will be a majorly cut down, custom chip, or some super low end model. Yes it will be more powerful than the current gen (usually that's the idea), but PC performance? Ha! Not with a 400$ price tag. 1500$.. maybe.. I guess a GeForce 640 or at best 650 can fit inside for that price. People expect a big jump like the PS2 to PS3. But what they fail to see is that, the GameCube which wasn't popular at all, was a powerful console than the PS2. And also more than half the work in better visuals, is running the game at higher settings. Try this: Set your games at Max setting at 640x480. Try this. They'll look like the Wii, possibly worse. Or the reverse, minimum setting, but from 640x480, to 1920x1080. Graphics are the same, but visuals are much better. That's half the work, possibly more. The rest is having specs from the GPU to increase a bit the graphic settings. So in result, games will look better.. a bit.. the big change is having more games running at 1080p at 60fps, instead of 720p @ 60fps or 720p @ 30fps #3 Sony next console, will be a 400-450$. And minimal loss on the console. So, no definitely not powerful. Same for Microsoft. [/quote']

Yeah I agree, the proposed price point for the next gen of consoles is around 400-500$ & according to things that executives have said from Sony, they will actually be making a bit of money on the hardware itself so in reality expect a 500$ price tag with a 450$ worth of hardware, that's equivalent to a low end PC, decent but still low end.

In any case, this is about the nVidia 700 series, almost nothing new about the series has surfaced, the only thing we know so far is that it's going to be released in June along with haswell.

also one other thing. You have to take into consideration the heat envelope that the components of a console have to work in. This means that they cannot be very high end because the amount of heat that they generate would be too great for the cooling system of a console to cope with. Also there have been rumours but they are more than likely wrong that the ps4 is going to have the 7970 stripped down and put in the ps4. How ? This would produce far too much heat unless the card was really stripped down as well as the gpu it self being stripped down which would again lower performance. Take this picture of the ps3 slim. Look at the small fan in that. It is probably going to be the same kind of story with the ps4. 1 small blower fan for the whole thing. The performance will never be anywhere near that of a Proper gaming pc. Also if there was to be a full on 7970 in there which there wont wouldn't the other things like the processor be a massive bottleneck for the ps4. ????

Gwrvu4I.jpg

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

I agree, and many people (like me) are bothered by their loud console. I see those people will also look at power efficiency. Right now Nintendo has nailed it with 75W under max load. That's nothing, and that means very quiet. The PS3 (well pretty much until the slim model) consumes 380W!! That's insane!

Honestly, if the next PlayStation and XBox consumes that much power again, then I say, screw it I am getting a WiiU, especially that again, I doubt that the WiiU will be that far behind in graphics. There a die shot taking on the WiiU combine custom processor, and you can see how much it's packed with cache. This is super big plus in processing calculation. As more stuff can be left on the CPU/GPU cache and not use the MUCH slower RAM (cache is expensive as it's super fast, way faster than the fastest RAM you can buy in stores for our PC). So it's just a question of developers knowing how to use it, and have the will power to change their programming method.