PC Final Build Help

Howdy, this is the first time I'm building a PC, and I really wanna make sure that it's a good build, and I can use the feedback. I've used PCpartpicker, and I've gotten some help, but not enough. It'd be a great help to have some opinions.

I plan for this pc to be used for both gaming and for work. I plan to go into game development, and I also want to make some youtube videos. I'd like to have the parts ordered in the next few days so I can get back to gaming. I'd like to keep my budget as cheap as possible and near $1000 (Without skimping!), but I'm perfectly fine with spending $1200 for more quality parts. This PC will most likely be the next 4 years of my life, so I want to make it good. I don't plan on overclocking, mainly since I don't quite understand it, and I also don't think I'd need to push my pc to the limits for the extra power.

I'm not too crazy about graphics, but I'd like the games to run on high, and I'd like to be able to just pick up a game and be able to play it without having to edit the graphics. In the past few years, a good lot of my time has gone into just making the games work. It's been a good 1/4 of my PC gaming so far, and it's really painful man. 

I'm unsure which parts are better:

AMD:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
With a gigabyte motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Or Intel:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117302&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
With a ASRock motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157521&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

This is going to be the build as well; the processor and motherboard depending on which part combo is better:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VKZVQ7

I'd also like to keep the ram for the faster speed. My current rig is rather slow and is also slowly dying, so I have to order this build soon.
Please help me out with this. I'm more or less a complete scrub with this, and it's rather stressing. If the build is all good, please tell me, or leave your suggestion to make it better. 

Thank you alot, I really appreciate this. If the build is all good, please leave a comment and tell me. Thank you once again!

My input.

-The SSD you choose is far from good.

-The HHD had a high failure rate.

-A i7 will help you very much in creating videos.

-You can add more ram later.

-And get a CPU cooler and overclock that Bitch.

I made it super orange for a extra 15$ for the sexy factor.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 93.3 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($55.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.99 @ Best Buy)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290X 4GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card ($276.00 @ Newegg)

Case: NZXT H440 (Orange/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($131.98 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ NCIX US)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit) ($86.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $1171.89

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-26 03:13 EDT-0400

How much better would the i7 perform over the i5? The $100 is a bit much @~@ Like how so would it help me more?

I'm also not gonna be overclocking. Knowing my luck with hardware, it'll probably explode and set my house on fire for no reason. I'd just rather not take the risk. 2scary4me m8  :unsure: 

But ty for the memory and the SSD. I didn't even notice the memory's rating! I checked everything else's reviews but it! (still a pc scrub)

But thank you for the help friend!

The i5 and the i7 are basically identical when it comes to gaming , however the i7 kicks i5's arse when it comes to video editing/rendering etc. If you don't want to overclock ( I don't overclock either ) , get the non - K version and an H series motherboard

The i5 and the i7 are basically identical when it comes to gaming , however the i7 kicks i5's arse when it comes to video editing/rendering etc. If you don't want to overclock ( I don't overclock either ) , get the non - K version and an H series motherboard

If he's not overclocking save even more and get the Xeon E3-1230 V3.

I would suggest a different motherboard. A better and larger ssd. Less memory. A slightly better gpu. A larger psu that will support a second gpu should that ever be desired. And a less expensive case.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($166.95 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus H97-PRO GAMER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($107.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($48.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($88.41 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 290X 4GB Direct CU II Video Card  ($269.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($18.89 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($86.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1068.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-26 21:07 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.