Microphone for Nikon D3300

Hey guys,

I am pretty new to video and audio recording so I'm starting off with a camera I already own - Nikon D3300. I would like to begin recording a vlog but am unsure with what the best solution would be. As I am just getting into this, I don't want to be spending a ton of money on a microphone - a sub $100 product would be great. I googled some stuff and there is a lot out there so sift through. Any suggestions from the experts here on the forum?

Any help would be appreciated! 

Rode VideoMic One of the best I have ever used

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Wow awesome! Thank you, this is a great place to start. Have you had experience with a lavalier mic?

Yea. I have used some in a studio environment but not "out in the field". We used these http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=127162&gclid=CIqg_LD8qMYCFVFefgodoaUMIw&is=REG&m=Y&Q=&A=details  they are great but need [phantom power of 48v

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Yea. I have used some in a studio environment but not "out in the field". We used these http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=127162&gclid=CIqg_LD8qMYCFVFefgodoaUMIw&is=REG&m=Y&Q=&A=details  they are great but need [phantom power of 48v

Thanks for the awesome links! I'll do some review searching and will probably start off with a shotgun mic. 

Thanks for the awesome links! I'll do some review searching and will probably start off with a shotgun mic. 

They are better in my opinion. Just point at the person and get there audio. Lavs are another level. Plus the wireless transmitters you will most likely need