Finding a specific job, advice?

LegendKillerRG

I'm 16(seen a lot of young people here lately lol), "How and where" I could find a job that is more into Computer Tech like linus's job or similar because I don't want to work in a restaurant like McDonald, etc.... I know that most job requires 18+(out of high school) and/or full time worker but I dont meet their requirement and just want to know if there's a store/ around that can hire me lol...

Unfortunately, experience is key. Retail in a computer store is less harsh on it if you can show you know your stuff, But if you wanna get into anything such as system building you need to either have a portfolio of builds you have done or experience building systems in the past.

my question is how do I get into those stuff and if possible at my age lol... I dont mind working in a retail, just working in a computer store basically... I just dont know what store that would hire me..

I felt the same way you did, when I was 16 (am 17 now), I got a job fixing computers at a local PC repair shop. The job kind of found me and not the other way around, so I guess I can't help you too much there. What I'd do is just look through the phonebook, or google and local shops or stores and call them/visit them and let them know that you're interested in computers, who knows, maybe they need a part time employee to help out.

I have a family friend in IT so when i'm old enough(14 now) I can get a summer job where he works so can't really help.

Try The Source, they hire. I don't know where you live though, but Sales Representative is a good job because you just show off how much you know to the customers.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Unfortunately for you because of your age you might have to settle for a restaurant job, but don't worry when your that age money is money! The important thing is that you get your first job ASAP and are good at it so you can get more jobs later. I work at an Italian restaurant and it is hard work but the people are nice and again as long as the money is green.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning