Need help with PHP and MySQL

xQubeZx

Hello,

I'm having troubles with some data I'm sending from a javascript to my MySQL database trough PHP. The problem is that i only want the data once every minute but I'm getting like five every second wich is quite annoying. I have tried to fix it but I just don't seems to suceed. Some help would be greatly appriceiated. 

Here is my code:

The Javascript

(function ($, document, undefined) {$(function () {          setInterval(function(){     $.getJSON("https://dweet.io/get/latest/dweet/for/xQubeZ_temperature", function (data) {    	/*Clears old data*/	$('#thing').empty();	$('#created').empty();	$('#temperature').empty();	$('#humidity').empty();			var $thing,        $created,		$temperature,		$humidity,		/*Gives data a value*/	    $thing = $('#thing');    $created = $('#created');    $temperature = $('#temperature');	$humidity = $('#humidity');		    $thing.text(data.with[0].thing);    $created.text(data.with[0].created);	$temperature.text(data.with[0].content.temperature);	$humidity.text(data.with[0].content.humidity);		// Post the data to the php backend    $.post(        "database_insert.php", //File to send data too         {            created: data.with[0].created,            temperature: data.with[0].content.temperature,            humidity: data.with[0].content.humidity        },        function(returnData) {            // if you want to handle what the php returns        },        'json'    );		/*Time before reset*/		}, 5000);	  });});})(jQuery, this);

And the PHP:

<?php$servername = "localhost";$username = "root";$password = "passwd";$dbname = "test_arduino";// Create connection$conn = new mysqli($servername, $username, $password, $dbname);// Check connectionif ($conn->connect_error) {    die("Connection failed: " . $conn->connect_error);}// prepare and bind$stmt = $conn->prepare("INSERT INTO dht (temperature, humidity, date) VALUES (?, ?, ?)");$stmt->bind_param("sss", $temp, $hum, $date);// set parameters and execute$temp = $_POST["temperature"];$hum = $_POST["humidity"];$date = $_POST["created"];$stmt->execute();$stmt->close();$conn->close();?>

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Didn't you see the

/*Time before reset*/

}, 5000);

part of the code? 5000 ms = 5s.

If you want one minute do 60 * 1000 as that argument.

Considering there is even a comment, I'm smelling a strong copy paste :D

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

Didn't you see the

/*Time before reset*/

}, 5000);

part of the code? 5000 ms = 5s.

If you want one minute do 60 * 1000 as that argument.

Considering there is even a comment, I'm smelling a strong copy paste :D

Forgott to mention i tried to get it working with that code but it doesnt seem to work since i still gets like 5 every second in my database instead of one per five seconds as it should be with that code. 

Forgott to mention i tried to get it working with that code but it doesnt seem to work since i still gets like 5 every second in my database instead of one per five seconds as it should be with that code. 

Are you sure you weren't getting a cached version of the JS? It IS the right way to use the function.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

Are you sure you weren't getting a cached version of the JS? It IS the right way to use the function.

Not sure, I'm still learning this stuff so I'm not that good. How can I check if it is cached or not? 

Not sure, I'm still learning this stuff so I'm not that good. How can I check if it is cached or not? 

Change it to 60*1000

Open it in Chrome

Press F12

Press CTRL + O

Type the name of the JS file

See if it is still 5000 or 60*1000

Change it to 60*1000

Open it in Chrome

Press F12

Press CTRL + O

Type the name of the JS file

See if it is still 5000 or 60*1000

It is changed, but does it matter if the javascript is inside a .php file with html, php and some other stuff?

It is changed, but does it matter if the javascript is inside a .php file with html, php and some other stuff?

It shouldn't matter. I suggest you place a breakpoint on the line that executes the POST request to the PHP file and see how often is it called. That way you can see if the problem is in the javascript at all. If you don't know how, google search "how to debug JS in chrome".

It shouldn't matter. I suggest you place a breakpoint on the line that executes the POST request to the PHP file and see how often is it called. That way you can see if the problem is in the javascript at all. If you don't know how, google search "how to debug JS in chrome".

Well it seems to be called alot of times, don't know why thought

Well it seems to be called alot of times, don't know why thought

take stuff away until it works as expected

for instance, take away the whole ajax call and see how often the function is called

is there some other script running? this one you posted should behave correctly, maybe the problem is elsewhere, there could be some old code you forgot to delete