Where to mount radiator & fans - Help me decide!!!

Hey Guys, I am Birdman from OCN. Have watched linus's videos since 2010, I need some help with a friends water cooling build soon but OCN Cooling Section seems to have gone dry for the week so I thought I'd join up Linus's forum instead and get some input.

Anyway, So my friend and I are working on this PC and need some advice reorganizing the tubing and radiator and fan positions and make new paths for tubing if necessary

here's some pics http://imageshack.us/user/birdman74

^ Don't mind the tubing, I didn't bother cutting it to size, its only temporary old tubing until the new parts get here, its a mess I know  :rolleyes:  but the whole system is coming out and we'll take care of it when we put in the new res, tubing and everything else.

Radiator Dilemma

First of all we cant figure out a place to mount the additional 120mm rad, I have 2 spare Rads, regular and double thick.

1. The case has space above on the top panel to mount 2 120mm fans, one on the inside and one on the outside. as you can see the the rear ones airflow seems to be blocked by the power supply? I wanted to mount the 120mm rad here however we can only mount the single thin one due to height restrictions under the table where the computer will be placed.

So is there any point mounting it on the top with a fan blowing cool outside air on to it? But Wouldn't that be essentially blowing hot air on top?

2. Our other option is to mount the radiator on the bottom compartment, there seems to be plenty of space to mount the double thickness radiator with a nice fan there, This however leaves us with nothing on the top of the case where there is a open grill showing the power supply. Which would look a bit ghetto/incomplete.

Aesthetics
If we dont mount the radiator there on the top, then is there a point mounting a fan in its place? as you see there is only about 1CM space between the top panel and the psu. does putting a fan there help anything (exiting hot air from the case) at all? Or should we place a led fan there just for the sake of aesthetic and looks? The case is supposed to be a mix between "Clean" "Silent" and "I mean Business" type.

Tubing Woes!

If we were to install it on the top or lets say we wanted to install both the rads slim one on the top and thick on at the bottom (just for the sake of doing it) how would you suggest we route the tubing? Drill some round holes on the top panel and install some quick disconnects and go from there? or simply take a line from the 240 radiator to the 120mm one and from that back into the case?

Just one possibility, could try mounting one of the 120's in the 5-1/4 inch bays??

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

thats a good idea but I already have the xspc d5 bayres in the 5. 1/4" bays, although there are 2 intake fan in the front both are occupied and dont think I will be be able to take a rad there :( and if I somehow did manage to do that then wouldnt it be essentially blowing hot air into my case?

But even if I did ? what do you suggest I do with the top of the case? there is a vent on top of the PSU, which I Just leave blank or place the slim rad or a fan there?

I dont know guys, please help me out with this. This is really bothering us. The top of the case specially, I dont know what to do with it. I would hate to just leave it like that and not had utilized it.