Cpu usage at 99% while running 4 instances Borderlands presequel for splitscreen. Is it advisable?

Go to solution Solved by typographie,

I don't think you need to worry about the CPU/GPU load percentage. They're designed to be able to run to their full capacity. Just watch your temperatures, as long as they're safe I wouldn't worry about it. Your CPU probably hits 99% far more often than you think, not just when doing this.

Also, wtf, four instances of Borderlands on one machine? Well, if you can do it, have at it. What is performance like?  :huh:

Right so guys sorry for the long title but it says it all. I tried running 4 instances of Borderlands PreSequel for some splitscreen gameplay on my PC.

Using Splitscreen PC Tool. Download link: http://splitplaypc.codeplex.com/

I played a lot of 2 players splitscreen with my friend with no issues.

When 4 instances are running, the Cpu usage stays at 98-100% at ~44C temp.

Ram usage stays at aroun 6.2gb, with Gpu running as normal (1gb Vram usage, nothing abnormal of note).

The cpu is running at its stock 3.6-3.9Ghz speed, with no overclocks, cooled by a corsair H80.

Temps looks ok, but not sure about that cpu usage.

While the games are opening, i get an audio stutter/loop (which i found out is related to the cpu usage spike), but after they all open up I dont get it.

System Specs:

CPU: i7 3820
Ram: 16gb

GPU: GTX 780ti

Mobo: Asus sabertooth x79

PSU: Corsair rm750

Those r the essentials i guess

Is it advisable to run the 4 instances under such load? 

CPU: i7 3820 4.0GHz  CPU Cooler: Corsair H80  RAM: 16GB 1600MHz  MotherBoard: ASUS Sabertooth x79  GPU: EVGA 780 ti  PSU: Cougar GX1050 80plus gold  CASE: Antec 1100

Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeH6RheyXBWjRGRcF0ZTilA

Temps are all that matter. The CPU has measures set in that, if anything bad happens, you'll know.

I don't think you need to worry about the CPU/GPU load percentage. They're designed to be able to run to their full capacity. Just watch your temperatures, as long as they're safe I wouldn't worry about it. Your CPU probably hits 99% far more often than you think, not just when doing this.

Also, wtf, four instances of Borderlands on one machine? Well, if you can do it, have at it. What is performance like?  :huh:

I had no idea such a program existed. How is your experience with it?

Rig: AMD FX 8350, Asus Sabertooth 990fx, 16gb Corsair Vengence, Gigabyte R9 290 4GB, Noctua NH-12S, Samsung 840 Evo, WD 1TB Black, Corsair C70, Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster SA350, Acer 193w, Mouse: Cyborg RAT 5. Window 7 Pro

Laptop: Asus x75vd, Intel i5 3210M, 8gb RAM, Nvidia 610m 1gb, 750gb hdd

PS2, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox360

Thanks guys, I guess i was worried for no reason :P

But you should try this man, its is a lotta fun, can finally play splitscreen on seperate monitor 

JWA7AAw.jpg?1

uBtrlBv.jpg?1

Using this kinda setting for blur 3 players (where the 900p monitor is running at 1080p)

vYFBmOH.jpg

CPU: i7 3820 4.0GHz  CPU Cooler: Corsair H80  RAM: 16GB 1600MHz  MotherBoard: ASUS Sabertooth x79  GPU: EVGA 780 ti  PSU: Cougar GX1050 80plus gold  CASE: Antec 1100

Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeH6RheyXBWjRGRcF0ZTilA