TV Tuner Software

Burusutazu
Go to solution Solved by techguru,

I bought a KWorld TV tuner but the software included is a bit chunky, and Media Center won't be around for W10 so I need to find a new program.

What are some good programs that can use the tv tuner and scan for channels (watch, play, record, ect.)?

I know VLC has the ability to watch and scan channels but I had no luck getting it to work, and I couldn't find any guides to setting up a TV tuner on Kodi, despite it also being able to do so.

(I bought the tuner so I could watch TV at college without having to bring a TV and my computer to a small dorm room)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_PVR_software_packages

keep in mind..most tv channels now are encrypted..so you can't even get those channels

a tv tuner these days is almost pointless

what I do is have a cable box from isp...then I put that into a HDCP stripper..then I put that into a hdmi capture card...then I can watch directly on KODI

I bought a KWorld TV tuner but the software included is a bit chunky, and Media Center won't be around for W10 so I need to find a new program.

What are some good programs that can use the tv tuner and scan for channels (watch, play, record, ect.)?

I know VLC has the ability to watch and scan channels but I had no luck getting it to work, and I couldn't find any guides to setting up a TV tuner on Kodi, despite it also being able to do so.

(I bought the tuner so I could watch TV at college without having to bring a TV and my computer to a small dorm room)

Lord of Helium.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_PVR_software_packages

keep in mind..most tv channels now are encrypted..so you can't even get those channels

a tv tuner these days is almost pointless

what I do is have a cable box from isp...then I put that into a HDCP stripper..then I put that into a hdmi capture card...then I can watch directly on KODI

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

The cables running to the dorm rooms are decrypted already, so I just needed the tuner and the software. I was able to find a guide to setting up the TV tuner on kodi thanks to your link.

Lord of Helium.