ASUS NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 TI .... prebuild pc ?

caveman239

I am pretty new to all of this, but have found my self interested in custom pc's after being disappointed with the next gen consoles 

and the up coming game star citizen has me thinking about building a pc from the ground up

I am holding off on a new pc, I was recommended to wait till star citizen is released or at least till the new graphic cards are released

ok so recently I watched a video of someone who upgraded the graphics card in a prebuilt PC very similar to mine ,

I think he may have had a slightly newer version- there was a different motherboard but with a very similar name --

I tried to find the video again but no luck- but he recommended the  ASUS NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 TI  

I have a gateway

intell core I5 2320

the mother board I have is a DX4870-UR20P

HD family integrated graphics

4gb ddr3 memory

500gb hard drive

I hope the ASUS NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 TI  graphics card  will work in my pc

really I am just trying to get my current computer to play some games while I wait for star citizen to be released I am hoping this graphic card is all I need, trying to keep this as cheep as possible

it has been able to play games like gw2 on medium to low

but H1z1 is unplayable currently and I hope I can get this PC to pull off that much

any advice would be very helpful :D

maybe you should get a 960? how many watts is your psu do you know? if its 400w then the 960 would be perfect 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

no it is just a 300w liteon

so now I am looking at a new gpu and a psu 

I would upgrade your RAM and PSU along side, 4GB isn't enough for gaming and that PSU doesn't have a lot of wattage. The 750Ti is an ok card for budget builds but it won't run a game like H1Z1 very well. Just don't expect a run more demanding games very well and turn down texture settings for smoother gameplay.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4