Need Help Choosing New Headphones/Headset

I apologize in advance for being uneducated on the topic of selecting audio devices. I have owned a pair of the Logitech G930 for a while now, but they have slowly fallen apart from abuse of the wireless feature and are being held together with duct tape. My only issues I had with it were that the wireless used 2.4 GHz which would have interference and disconnect quite frequently which got annoying. The headset was also a bit heavy and didn't hold on my head as nicely as I would've liked.

I decided with the issues I've had with the headset to get a new pair and wanted to step away from the "gaming" geared aspect of it and just get a good pair of headphones. So, I got the Sennheiser HD 518. Based on what I heard, the fact that the headphones were an open style, would help with pinpointing enemy locations in games better than the simulated surround I get from the G930. However I seem to have grown a liking to Logitech's simulated surround as it made things sound more full and as if the sounds weren't coming just from the speakers in the headphones. I sort of expected a similar experience based on what I heard about open headphones but it wasn't the case. The bass seemed a bit loud in comparison and the overall sound felt muddy if there was any bass at all in the audio. Maybe the HD 518 just aren't the right style of sound I like? 

I've considered returning them but I wouldn't be quite sure what to get instead. I hate to say that I like the sound of the virtual surround from Logitech better as I feel like I've fallen for some gamer marketing scam but I really do feel as if they sounded better. I've tried using Razer Surround in conjunction with the HD 518 and I still get the same feel from it where the bass would make the audio unclear. Considering that my G930 are falling apart, heavy, and have unreliable wireless, I'm considering getting the G430 as a replacement but don't want to feel like I'm falling for a gamer marketing scam. Any suggestions?

I apologize in advance for being uneducated on the topic of selecting audio devices. I have owned a pair of the Logitech G930 for a while now, but they have slowly fallen apart from abuse of the wireless feature and are being held together with duct tape. My only issues I had with it were that the wireless used 2.4 GHz which would have interference and disconnect quite frequently which got annoying. The headset was also a bit heavy and didn't hold on my head as nicely as I would've liked.

I decided with the issues I've had with the headset to get a new pair and wanted to step away from the "gaming" geared aspect of it and just get a good pair of headphones. So, I got the Sennheiser HD 518. Based on what I heard, the fact that the headphones were an open style, would help with pinpointing enemy locations in games better than the simulated surround I get from the G930. However I seem to have grown a liking to Logitech's simulated surround as it made things sound more full and as if the sounds weren't coming just from the speakers in the headphones. I sort of expected a similar experience based on what I heard about open headphones but it wasn't the case. The bass seemed a bit loud in comparison and the overall sound felt muddy if there was any bass at all in the audio. Maybe the HD 518 just aren't the right style of sound I like? 

I've considered returning them but I wouldn't be quite sure what to get instead. I hate to say that I like the sound of the virtual surround from Logitech better as I feel like I've fallen for some gamer marketing scam but I really do feel as if they sounded better. I've tried using Razer Surround in conjunction with the HD 518 and I still get the same feel from it where the bass would make the audio unclear. Considering that my G930 are falling apart, heavy, and have unreliable wireless, I'm considering getting the G430 as a replacement but don't want to feel like I'm falling for a gamer marketing scam. Any suggestions?

I don't think Razer Surround is going to help with headphones that aren't Razer...

I don't think Razer Surround is going to help with headphones that aren't Razer...

You can select Stereo Headphones in the configuration process.

"Razer Surround is compatible with any headphones, headset and even earphones."

You can select Stereo Headphones in the configuration process.

"Razer Surround is compatible with any headphones, headset and even earphones."

I've never heard that to work before...