First Build ~ 800 to 900 euro

Crook7

Hello Tech community!

I am looking for some advice with my first PC build, specifically for the components I am looking to use. I would greatly appreciate any input as to whether the components I am thinking of using are appropriate for the budget I am aiming for. And ofcourse if there are any parts where I might over do it and a downgrade is possible?

Here's the list I have put together: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/GHmdP6

I know certain prices are missing, so that is why I will list up the prices for the components from the store I - most likely - will be buying from:

• CPU: Intel core I5 4460 (€ 184,90)
  • MoBo: Asus H81-Gamer (€ 87,89)
  • Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb (2x 4gb) DDR3-1600 memory (€ 58,90)
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-series 250GB 2.5" SSD (€ 114,90) + Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 (€ 55,99)
  • GPU: MSI Radeon R9 280x 3GB Twin Frozr (€ 244,90)
  • Case: Cooler Master N300 ATX Mid Tower Case (€ 38,95)
  • Power supply: Seasonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze certified ATX power supply (€ 63,90)

This brings the total to: € 850,33.

My questions to you:

1. Is the power supply strong enough and of good quality (I first had a Corsair CX but I didn't read good things about those)
  2. Should I cut some costs on other parts so I can upgrade to a R9 290 (or GTX 960 perhaps?)
  3. anything I have to upgrade or are there some things you would advise me to change? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hey , 

The PSU is good. I'm running a GTX 780 + Core i5 with a 450W BeQuiet PSU and i even didn't hit the limit. 

The GTX 960 isn't worth it. If you can get a R9 290 i would go with it. But only with a custom cooler. 

You could spend 10€ more and get a MSI H97 Gaming 3 which is better 

I have no problems with it and it looks great :D

For that much you might as well get h97 or z97 mobo...

1. yes

2. not really much to cut here, but that could be done

3. mobo.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Hey , 

The PSU is good. I'm running a GTX 780 + Core i5 with a 450W BeQuiet PSU and i even didn't hit the limit. 

The GTX 960 isn't worth it. If you can get a R9 290 i would go with it. But only with a custom cooler. 

You could spend 10€ more and get a MSI H97 Gaming 3 which is better 

I have no problems with it and it looks great :D

For that much you might as well get h97 or z97 mobo...

1. yes

2. not really much to cut here, but that could be done

3. mobo.

Seems like you're both on the same level about upgrading the mobo. I know I sound like a total noob (which I am), but could you please explain to me how that bord is better? 

I can see it has M2, I assume it has something to do with SSD's, but I am not sure. I googled it, but I couldn't really make up what it was for... 

The H97 gaming 3, however is a but over budget. However, the H97-plus is on a promo at the moment and is about € 10 more. I'm guessing that's worth the upgrade? 

Seems like you're both on the same level about upgrading the mobo. I know I sound like a total noob (which I am), but could you please explain to me how that bord is better? 

I can see it has M2, I assume it has something to do with SSD's, but I am not sure. I googled it, but I couldn't really make up what it was for... 

The H97 gaming 3, however is a but over budget. However, the H97-plus is on a promo at the moment and is about € 10 more. I'm guessing that's worth the upgrade? 

h97 is a better chipset

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

h97 is a better chipset

I cannot argue with that. I've upgrade the motherboard to H97.