Would like help choseing a PSU.

Andster29

I am looking to building my own computer and I need help picking out a PSU. I am for sure using a FX- 8030 Vishera, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard, a MSI GTX 660 OC 2GB GDD5 graphics car with 16GB (2 x 8GB) of Kingston Hyper X Black DDR3 ram for my system. I am going to use a NZXT Kraken X60 to cool the CPU. Right now I am planning on using a 450W power supply. Is 450W too small? Should I get more Watts? I also want to know if using 4 sticks of DDR3 is faster than using 2 sticks of DDR3. Thanks for the help in advances.

What's the budget?

If your on a tight leashe my personal preference is for the Silverstone Strider Plus series PSU's. They're really reliable, 100% modular and are relatively cheap given their feature set in comparison to someone like Corsair. You'll be fine with their 600w.

If you've got a bit more money and noise is importnant, Seasonic has a 520w fanless PSU -

I am trying not to go over $1,200 USD and I'm not that pickey on sound because I usally have headphones on. I was also looking at a 650W PSS that was semi- modular. Thanks for your help.

What's the budget?

If your on a tight leashe my personal preference is for the Silverstone Strider Plus series PSU's. They're really reliable, 100% modular and are relatively cheap given their feature set in comparison to someone like Corsair. You'll be fine with their 600w.

If you've got a bit more money and noise is importnant, Seasonic has a 520w fanless PSU -

I am trying not to go over $1,200 USD and I'm not that pickey on sound because I usally have headphones on. I was also looking at a 650W PSS that was semi- modular. Thanks for your help.

corsair cx500m or cx600m?

cpu: 3570k cooler: H100i m/b: Asus Maximus V Formula ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance gpu: Asus Nvidia GTX 680 DCUII ssd: Samsung 840 pro hdd: WD Black 2tb case: CMStorm Stryker psu:  Corsair AX860