Mouse Buying Recommendations?

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

It's still working in perfect condition, but i thought i might switch it up bc i got a $40 gift card for amazon. I don't wanna spend too much so should i just save it up? TBH i dont need all the macros in the g602 

Yeah, just save it up. MX500 is a good mouse.

Hey guys!

So I'm looking to replace my MX500, and I see that the Logitech G602 and Corsair M45 are on sale.

Logitechhttp://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-Battery/dp/B00E4MQODC/ref=lp_402052011_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1433809580&sr=1-5

Corsair: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Raptor-M45-5000-Optical-Sensor/dp/B00IDWFN4U

I was wondering about your thoughts on these mice? Or should i just keep my existing mouse and maybe save up for a smartwatch (Moto 360 2nd Gen) when it comes out?

Hey guys!

So I'm looking to replace my MX500, and I see that the Logitech G602 and Corsair M45 are on sale.

Logitechhttp://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-Battery/dp/B00E4MQODC/ref=lp_402052011_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1433809580&sr=1-5

Corsair: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Raptor-M45-5000-Optical-Sensor/dp/B00IDWFN4U

I was wondering about your thoughts on these mice? Or should i just keep my existing mouse and maybe save up for a smartwatch (Moto 360 2nd Gen) when it comes out?

I love both of these mice! Quick rundown.

If you have huge hands then the G602 is great. If you don't, both still are great. A Claw/Fingertip mix or Claw on it's own grip are for the M45. Palm doesn't feel so great on it TBH. On the G602, pretty much any grip works, though smaller hands may have a hard time clawing it. Best Buy should have an M65 on display (very similar) as well as the G602 so you should check them out there if possible.

Also, if you must have wired then the M45 is the only one on there.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If you have smaller hands, the m45 will be great for you.

I love both of these mice! Quick rundown.

If you have huge hands then the G602 is great. If you don't, both still are great. A Claw/Fingertip mix or Claw on it's own grip are for the M45. Palm doesn't feel so great on it TBH. On the G602, pretty much any grip works, though smaller hands may have a hard time clawing it. Best Buy should have an M65 on display (very similar) as well as the G602 so you should check them out there if possible.

Also, if you must have wired then the M45 is the only one on there.

If you have smaller hands, the m45 will be great for you.

I have medium sized hands, and they fit perfectly on my MX500. The only reason i'm iffy about wireless is the input lag. I also want a good sensor with minimal acceleration. I use a palm grip when im browsing the web, but when im gaming i usually use claw. Which one is more suited for me?

I have medium sized hands, and they fit perfectly on my MX500. The only reason i'm iffy about wireless is the input lag. I also want a good sensor with minimal acceleration. I use a palm grip when im browsing the web, but when im gaming i usually use claw. Which one is more suited for me?

Corsair M45 just doesn't fit palm that well. I would go G602 for you. The G602 has no real noticeable input lag :)

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have the G602. I bought it because it is a wireless mouse with a supposedly long battery life (the one thing I was always bothered by in wireless mice).

I have not been disappointed. The battery life is great, but if you are wise, you would probably still keep a pair of AA batteries around in case it runs out of power.

The only thing I would like to see is a infiniscrolly thingy like on the G500 (which I came from), and maybe a tilty scrollwheel.

I have been using the thing exclusively in the energy-saving mode (whatever that was called, and mostly because I always forget to flick the little switch), and I don't think it ever impacted my accuracy or anything of the likes. But I don't really game a lot (any more), so maybe that is left to be judged by someone else.

The m45 has an amazing sensor, it's optical, and has no mouse acceleration whatsoever. I can't speak for the logitech mouse cause I have not used it.

Corsair M45 just doesn't fit palm that well. I would go G602 for you. The G602 has no real noticeable input lag :)

I have the G602. I bought it because it is a wireless mouse with a supposedly long battery life (the one thing I was always bothered by in wireless mice).

I have not been disappointed. The battery life is great, but if you are wise, you would probably still keep a pair of AA batteries around in case it runs out of power.

The only thing I would like to see is a infiniscrolly thingy like on the G500 (which I came from), and maybe a tilty scrollwheel.

I have been using the thing exclusively in the energy-saving mode (whatever that was called, and mostly because I always forget to flick the little switch), and I don't think it ever impacted my accuracy or anything of the likes. But I don't really game a lot (any more), so maybe that is left to be judged by someone else.

I mean i'm not very dependent on palming (thats only if im really lazy) so i have no problem clawing my mouse. 

Is the ergonomics of the g602 as good as the mx500? I tend to really enjoy the ergonomics of my mx500

Not a great palm of claw gripping mouse, though a fingertip grip works super well on the G502. Again, this will be in Best Buy so you should check it out there :)

I mean i'm not very dependent on palming (thats only if im really lazy) so i have no problem clawing my mouse. 

Is the ergonomics of the g602 as good as the mx500? I tend to really enjoy the ergonomics of my mx500

My mom owns a G400s (basically the same mouse) and it feels closer to the G602. Not quite the same as it rises a lot more and is bigger but you will get used to it.

My mom owns a G400s (basically the same mouse) and it feels closer to the G602. Not quite the same as it rises a lot more and is bigger but you will get used to it.

Not a great palm of claw gripping mouse, though a fingertip grip works super well on the G502. Again, this will be in Best Buy so you should check it out there :)

Do you think i should just keep using my MX500, and maybe get a totally different style mouse just for gaming? Like one mouse for browsing and one for gaming?

Do you think i should just keep using my MX500, and maybe get a totally different style mouse just for gaming? Like one mouse for browsing and one for gaming?

Nah, not worth it. Maybe you could replace it with a G400?

Nah, not worth it. Maybe you could replace it with a G400?

It's still working in perfect condition, but i thought i might switch it up bc i got a $40 gift card for amazon. I don't wanna spend too much so should i just save it up? TBH i dont need all the macros in the g602 

Yeah, just save it up. MX500 is a good mouse.

Thanks for the help! :)

No problem! If anything anybody here said to you solved your problem then don't forget to mark solved :)