are all ssd the same ?

michael1423

Are these ssd then same ?

Kingston Digital 120GB SSDNow V300 SATA 3 2.5 7mm height with Adapter Solid State Drive 2.5-Inch SV300S37A/120G

Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E120B/AM)

Crucial BX100 120GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT120BX100SSD1

Kingston Digital HyperX FURY 120GB SSD SATA 3 2.5 Solid State Drive with Adapter (SHFS37A/120G)

Silicon Power 120GB S60 3K P/E Cycle Toggle MLC 2.5" 7mm SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive (SP120GBSS3S60S25)

No. There are a couple main differences among SSDs. Different controllers and types of NAND flash (MLC, TLC). Just stick to a reputable brand, and stay away from the Kingston V300.

If you want inexpensive, Crucial BX100 is "budget oriented" but will be just fine most likely. 

I don't do signatures.

No. There are a couple main differences among SSDs. Different controllers and types of NAND flash (MLC, TLC). Just stick to a reputable brand, and stay away from the Kingston V300.

If you want inexpensive, Crucial BX100 is "budget oriented" but will be just fine most likely. 

Whats your opinion on the MX100?

Whats your opinion on the MX100?

Perfectly good. I put one in a laptop and it performs just fine. Get the MX200 though if you can, it's the newer incarnation of the MX100 line, and IIRC slightly less expensive.

I don't do signatures.

whats wrong with the Kingstion V300?

Kingston pulled some shady shit with it. The first revision was good, but after a bunch of good reviews came out, Kingston cheaped out on it and now every V300 sucks. Worst part is they still pretend it's the same thing. Just steer clear of it and you'll be fine.

I don't do signatures.

Are these ssd then same ?

Kingston Digital 120GB SSDNow V300 SATA 3 2.5 7mm height with Adapter Solid State Drive 2.5-Inch SV300S37A/120G

Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E120B/AM)

Crucial BX100 120GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT120BX100SSD1

Kingston Digital HyperX FURY 120GB SSD SATA 3 2.5 Solid State Drive with Adapter (SHFS37A/120G)

Silicon Power 120GB S60 3K P/E Cycle Toggle MLC 2.5" 7mm SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive (SP120GBSS3S60S25)

No, not all ssds are the same.

Some are in different form factors, some are faster than others, some are more reliable, some support different things, some use different technologies, some have more storage capacity, etc...

I'd highly recommend the samsung 850 evo.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Other than being entry level SSD, none.

Kingston pulled some shady shit with it. The first revision was good, but after a bunch of good reviews came out, Kingston cheaped out on it and now every V300 sucks. Worst part is they still pretend it's the same thing. Just steer clear of it and you'll be fine.

Thats was over year ago. Current V300 SSDs are just fine for the use they are intended to. For very entry level use. If you have recent review or recent personal experience, please do correct me. But AFAIK they corrected things as soon as it came known to public.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thats was over year ago. Current V300 SSDs are just fine for the use they are intended to. For very entry level use. If you have recent review or recent personal experience, please do correct me. But AFAIK they corrected things as soon as it came known to public.

Hmm.... I may be wrong then. I have heard of it not being any better recently. I'll do some quick googling and see if I can find anything obvious.

I don't do signatures.

Done a bit of looking around and couldn't find much. I did see that in December there was still some iffy-ness going on. It's just not worth it to get a V300 IMO, especially if you can get a "good" one for just a bit more now.

I don't do signatures.