Best hosting service, and tutorials for modded minecraft

fredrodregus

I want to start an modded minecraft gaming community, but the problem is, i don't know a lot about running an server or web site. Also i would like to bundle an game server with an website, and teamspeak server if possible. Is there any site in particular that you would recommend, and where can i find some good tutorials.

Thanks 

No website but one of the best I have ever used for mc hosting https://mcprohosting.com/

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

I would suggest getting one of those Windows 7 Professional Mini ITX Newegg deal computers for around $120 and running the server off of that. 

Enjin is pretty good for a website, it even has built in voting. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I would suggest getting one of those Windows 7 Professional Mini ITX Newegg deal computers for around $120 and running the server off of that. 

the problem is that i have an horrible internet connection

I want to start an modded minecraft gaming community, but the problem is, i don't know a lot about running an server or web site. Also i would like to bundle an game server with an website, and teamspeak server if possible. Is there any site in particular that you would recommend, and where can i find some good tutorials.

Thanks 

IMO Nodecraft is pretty nice, amazing support, very fast and reliable servers.

As for the website, enjin is pretty decent for starting off.

Is the server a specific modpack?

I myself run a tekkit classic 3.1.2 server, in about 4 days or so it will have been online for 1 year :P (It had been up for like a year before that, but that was kinda on-off due to lack of funds for hosting, and lack of decent internet to host it myself)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I myself run a tekkit classic 3.1.2 server, in about 4 days or so it will have been online for 1 year :P (It had been up for like a year before that, but that was kinda on-off due to lack of funds for hosting, and lack of decent internet to host it myself)

i am thinking about ftb infinity, but am open to any sugestions

Don't forget about DDOS protection... that shit can get pricey af.

Imo its better to just go with a hosting provider unless you'll be hosting quite a few large servers and can afford to pay for all that extra protection and shiz.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

i am thinking about ftb infinity, but am open to any sugestions

Eww ftb lol, I never cared a ton for those modpacks, they are all just so similar..

I would not suggest making a tekkit classic server, quite difficult to keep up and running with the amount of dupes, bugs, glitches, etc... that are in it, and also the fact that it stopped being updated a long time ago, so those bugs have to be fixed by other people, who most of the time don't release the patches :/

OVH and learn how to use Linux

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Imo its better to just go with a hosting provider unless you'll be hosting quite a few large servers and can afford to pay for all that extra protection and shiz.

Just use a DNS host. Usually free. 

DDoS protection comes standard with OVH VPS's, it's good upto 50Gbps attacks, tested ti myself.

Just use a DNS host. Usually free. 

DNS wont stop anything, lol.

you can just ping the dns, lmao.

DDoS protection comes standard with OVH VPS's, it's good upto 50Gbps attacks, tested ti myself.

Oh damn, that's pretty cheap! :P

Was it the classic one that you tested it on?

DNS wont stop anything, lol.

you can just ping the dns, lmao.

But it wont stop your connection, which is the important part. 

I had a 150Mb/s connection just for my server when I ran it, so that could have helped a bit. 

ok i just bought it, thanks for the advice

ok i just bought it, thanks for the advice

Was there a referral thing? if there was and you didnt enter anything, perhaps contact support via live chat or something and let them know that "TheKDub" referred you? I wanna see if they give me anything for it :P

Was there a referral thing? if there was and you didnt enter anything, perhaps contact support via live chat or something and let them know that "TheKDub" referred you? I wanna see if they give me anything for it :P

ok will do lol