Win10..should we?

Timopomer

basically win10 JUST rolled out to my pc.

im hesitating tho. what if i want to do a clean install,can i do that? also does my win7 key become invalid? do i get a valid win10 key? i really want to use it..

Uhm, Windows 10 will be released on Juli 29th

I would recommend getting the ISO and dual-booting

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

I would personal wait for it to officially release and then wait for the first set of updates that should fix any setup issues, in particular with upgrading.

Your Windows 7 key should still be valid (provided it doesn't have OEM restrictions or something similar) and you should get a key for Windows 10 as well, so you can do a clean install using the ISO later. You will probably get the option to do a clean install during the transfer process from W7 to W10. 

I would personal wait for it to officially release and then wait for the first set of updates that should fix any setup issues, in particular with upgrading.

Your Windows 7 key should still be valid (provided it doesn't have OEM restrictions or something similar) and you should get a key for Windows 10 as well, so you can do a clean install using the ISO later. You will probably get the option to do a clean install during the transfer process from W7 to W10. 

wait so i get to keep my current key AND a win10 key. and yes its an OEM one.

wait so i get to keep my current key AND a win10 key. and yes its an OEM one.

You should be able to. Although, if you key is OEM, it probably won't work on a different motherboard, just a heads up. People have had problems with just installing OEM keys on a new hard drive, they can be a bit picky. 

YES! All i can say is YEESSS! Although, the preview isn't liking GTA V though. I'm really loving it.

You should be able to. Although, if you key is OEM, it probably won't work on a different motherboard, just a heads up. People have had problems with just installing OEM keys on a new hard drive, they can be a bit picky. 

Nah, shouldn't be a problem. You just have to call the number in "activate windows". The guy on the phone will give you this long code and it'll update your oem. As long as its not used on another computer. And if it was, it'll be unactivated on the other one. You can swap oems all you want to.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

basically win10 JUST rolled out to my pc.

Windows 10 will be released on July 29. All you can do now is reserve your copy. This means that a few days before Windows 10 is actually released, your system will download in advance, on its own time, Windows 10, so that it will be ready to install on July 29th and enjoyed on the same day. It is to avoid the problem of overloading servers, as everyone will be jumping on the free upgrade at once, then probably wait 1-2 weeks before servers free up.

im hesitating tho. what if i want to do a clean install,can i do that? also does my win7 key become invalid? do i get a valid win10 key? i really want to use it..

You can clean install your current Windows and upgrade to Windows 10. As for clean install Windows 10, while I want to say yes, as the option is available on my side as a Windows Insider, I don't know how it will work for people who upgrade if you'll have option to keep your stuff or not.

We don't know how clean installs after Windows 10 is release will work for those who upgraded. All we know is that there is a way, but we don't know more than this.

We don't know what will happen to your Windows 7 key. Usually, it remains valid, but as per license agreement, you can't re-sale it or give it away to someone else, and remains on the system you initially upgraded to the new version of Windows. I would assume no, else it is too easy to use your same Windows 7 key and upgrade/install a series of hundred of systems to Windows 10 legit. My guess is that the Windows 7 key will turn into Windows 10 one, or be tied to.

Windows 10 crashes like a bitch in almost every game for me -_- just installed it yesterday gotta come a better driver.

CPU: I5 3570K@4.5 GHZ+h100 l MOBO Z77 pro4-m l GPU Evga gtx 970 sc RAM 8GB Vengance Corsair ram PSU 750 Watt Corsair Psu @Windows 10

Windows 10 crashes like a bitch in almost every game for me -_- just installed it yesterday gotta come a better driver.

What is your system specs?

What is your system specs?

Z77 pro4-m

i5 3570K@4.5 ghz stable with H100

evga gtx 970 sc

8 gb ram

750 watt corsair PSU

CPU: I5 3570K@4.5 GHZ+h100 l MOBO Z77 pro4-m l GPU Evga gtx 970 sc RAM 8GB Vengance Corsair ram PSU 750 Watt Corsair Psu @Windows 10