How do i restore my pc?

GamingTim

Okay so i have tons of stuff in my pc and it's been two years and it's getting slow. luckily i found my windows disk and I wish to factory restore everything from my pc as if i've just bought it.

How do I do that? i've seen tutorials on youtube and i somewhat do not trust them, so i thought asking for help here should be fine.

Thanks!

Assuming you own the discs:

• Backup data you don't want to lose
  • Pop in installation media & reboot
  • Start installation

If your PC came with Windows, you should be able to run the recovery to reset it to factory settings or start a fresh installation.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Okay so i have tons of stuff in my pc and it's been two years and it's getting slow. luckily i found my windows disk and I wish to factory restore everything from my pc as if i've just bought it.

How do I do that? i've seen tutorials on youtube and i somewhat do not trust them, so i thought asking for help here should be fine.

Thanks!

Put the disk into your disk drive, restart the computer, then hit f1, f2, f10, esc, delete, whatever it says onscreen to get into the bios.  Once in the bios tell the PC to boot from your disc drive.  This will load the windows disk.  Now just follow the steps, and when you get to the part asking about your drives you'll want to tell it to format your main drive.  It might be simpler to disconnect any secondary drives before starting this process.  This will remove everything from your primary hard drive, so make sure to backup any important files.  This process will give you clean operating system.

What @Albatross said. Also if you have windows 8/8.1 you can hold the "shift" button while rebooting.

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

What @Albatross said. Also if you have windows 8/8.1 you can hold the "shift" button while rebooting.

Put the disk into your disk drive, restart the computer, then hit f1, f2, f10, esc, delete, whatever it says onscreen to get into the bios.  Once in the bios tell the PC to boot from your disc drive.  This will load the windows disk.  Now just follow the steps, and when you get to the part asking about your drives you'll want to tell it to format your main drive.  It might be simpler to disconnect any secondary drives before starting this process.  This will remove everything from your primary hard drive, so make sure to backup any important files.  This process will give you clean operating system.

Assuming you own the discs:

• Backup data you don't want to lose
  • Pop in installation media & reboot
  • Start installation

If your PC came with Windows, you should be able to run the recovery to reset it to factory settings or start a fresh installation.

But what if i don't have the product key? i only have the disk but i've lost the box 

Well then, you can try to use MagicalJellyBean or similar software to retrieve your product key.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Thanks!!!

No problem! MagicalJellyBean has never let me down. When I lost my Office box I thought I was toast, but it saved me. ;)

Have a good time reinstalling!