Corsair 750D & HX1000i can I use 3M Bumpons to fill space?

Qtomb3D
Go to solution Solved by Qtomb3D,

So my PSU is now tightly fitted. The PSU rest on the on the middle part of the front longer bump and with the bumpons it rest on the side bumps as well. Unfortunately I got a little scratch because it was a really tight fit under the upper ledge, but if I removed the bumpon from the most inner bump I could stick a piece thick paper between it. So now it's impossible to move or vibrate.

Hi I recently bought a Corsair 750D to replace my Storm Trooper and also got a new PSU the HX1000i.

I tried out if  the PSU would fit and when I have tightened the screws the PSU doesn't touch the side bumps where it suppose to be resting on. In more detail If you look @ the picture of the Case the long bump on the left it touches, the two small ones on the sides have about 2mm space so the PSU isn't resting on them and the last (on the right) a bit larger one it doesn't reach because the PSU isn't that long.

It cannot be good that all the weight is on the screws so I thought to put in the SJ5302 3M Bumpon or the SJ5383 Bumpon they only differ in size would be a good way to fill up the gap.

If you check the site it states that it can be used for lots of purposes and can be use for electronic devices. The PSU might get warm but never hot so is this a good solution or do I have to use something else?

I don't think I am doing anything wrong, it is secured tight but leaves almost 2 mm between the 2 bumps and the psu, it should touch them not hover almost 2 mm above them. I made a very simple picture about what the problems is: PSU The blow block is the PSU the red dots the bumps.

As you can see the first bump is touching the PSU, the two side bumps are not, cases are not perfect so 1-2 mm difference can happen imho.

If I didn't check for it I probably wouldn't have noticed it. I just wanted to check if the PSU rested firmly on all 3 bumps but I could slide a thin paper under it, so I tested for how large the gap is and it measured up to just under 2mm.

• 2 weeks later...

So my PSU is now tightly fitted. The PSU rest on the on the middle part of the front longer bump and with the bumpons it rest on the side bumps as well. Unfortunately I got a little scratch because it was a really tight fit under the upper ledge, but if I removed the bumpon from the most inner bump I could stick a piece thick paper between it. So now it's impossible to move or vibrate.