Advise for a upgrade to a all ready decent system :)

quicksh0tHD

Ok so I have some ideas all ready but I really would love to run it by you fine folks and get any of your thoughts on it. I currently run a:

i5 2500 (non K turbo'ed to 3.8)

Asus P8P67 (yea the original one with the messed up sata 3gb ports)

8GB of G.Skill 1333 ripjaws

AMD 6850 1GB oc'ed to 925/1150

WD 500GB Blue

Win 7 64bit

So as you can see the rig isn't bad. It play every game without issue (sometimes needs msaa disabled) but here's the problem. I stream to twitch and record for youtube using a variety of apps such as Sony Vegas/Fraps/DXTory. As soon as I hit that record/stream button performance goes to crap (older games are fine but anything 2012+ goes to crap). Even if my framerates stay above 60fps it still feel stuttery and laggy. Even recording Crysis 3 my fps where tending to stay above 60fps while recording but it felt like 15fps.

So now I shall list what I thought would be a good upgrade and the reason for my choices. This is where I would love your input :)

i5 2500 (non K turbo'ed to 3.8): Was thinking about a i7 but really. Even in crysis 3 and arma (dayz) while recording my cpu only reaches about 60-75% utilization. Its spike to 90-95% for a few sec here and there but really. I dont "think" its my issue or in need of a upgrade

Asus P8P67 (yea the original one with the messed up sata 3gb ports): Yea its sata 2 ports are messed but really. Its run fine for me without any issues and the 4 remaining sats 3 ports are fine. So once again I dont think I need to upgrade this

8GB of G.Skill 1333 ripjaws: Yea rams cheap and 1333 although decent could use a boost to at least 1600 or something higher. Simple $80 could grab me a 16gb kit NP. So I cant see a reason not to upgrade this.

AMD 6850 1GB oc'ed to 925/1150: Ow how iv loved this card. Its been about 2 years with it now and its performed great (and still does) but for new games and recording on top of that its really time for a upgrade. I was thinking a 7950 or 670, can't decide which (I do like AMD more then Nvidia)

WD 500GB Blue: THIS is to me the biggest bottleneck on my system. I was going to grab a crucial m4 128gb along with two seagate barracuda's for my games and recordings.

Win 7 64bit: Trolalalaloo Win 8 SUCKS. I think il be staying on Win 7 64bit :)

So end result is

i5 2500 non k at 3.8

P8p67

16gb 1600 ram

AMD 7950 or Nvidia 670

128gb SSD for system and 2 seagate barracuda's

Win7 64bit

Ok now tell me where I screwed up. Im sure I did somewhere in my logic. ANY tips are greatly appreciated but along with those tips I would really love to see reasons for said tips. I dont just want to hear NVIDIA RULES AMD SUCKS and so on. Keep in mind this rig will be used for gaming/streaming/recording/editing. And the BIG thing of them all, THE BUDGET! I have about $600-$800 to spend. Less would obv be nicer but hey performance costs so whatever I need. Im pretty sure with that budget I can get something that can help with my cause. THANKS in advance :) <3<3

p.s. Thought id add that my case is awesome (cm 690 with added fans) my PSU is a 620watt antec current gamer with 48amps on a single rail (so its pretty good) and I run 3 monitors (not in a eyefinity setup just more desktop space. I run games on just 1 of the monitors). The main monitor is 1080 the other 2 are ummm....... old random res's. Ones 1440x900 I think and the other is a old crt at what ever old res's a crt ran at lol, 1024x768

Recording? More cores=More better. Or overclock it.. but hah, you has no K :[

Oh my an 800 buck budget? oooo

Sell the 6850, +$80

Sell the 500GB Blue (or smash it) +$40

Samsung 840 120GB -$100

2600k -$320

7950 -$305

2TB Seagate -$110

Total is $715

You could save 50 bucks and get a 7870, which will still be a very nice bump from a 6850

I recently upgraded and bought myself an SSD (Crucial M4 128GB) and i didn't really expect much new to happen, except maybe it be a bit quicker, but it was so much faster. I would recommend getting the M4 and possibly as a media storage, a seagate 2TB. Secondly, the 6850 has been around for a little over 2 years (October 2010 i think) so possibly might be due an upgrade. That said, I am still using a 580 which was released at the same time (November 2010) and it can play Crysis 3 at all medium settings maintaining 60+ FPS, so that may not be the issue. As for recording, I don't record any of my gameplays however I have a friend who had the same card as me and he was able to stream, record and obviously play at the same time (albeit on low settings) and maintain good frames, so to me that sounds like your GPU is holding you back a bit. Personally I would go with the 670 as there are good offers on now, and Nvidia driver support is better than AMD. However, if you're going to run 3 monitors, then realistically without going SLI, AMD's eyefinity is the most realistic option. As you said RAM is cheap so go for the 16GB, no reason not too! As for the CPU, I would possibly consider going to an I7-2600k if you're doing a lot of video work as you can benefit from hyperthreading etc, however it probably won't fit into your budget. That's all I would personally change (and should fit into your budget, although may be near the $800 end). As an end note, as you said your cpu sometimes reaches 95% usage, i'd recommend getting a decent CPU cooler, if you havn't already. Hope this helped!

**edit: Didn't read properly, thought you said you were running eyefinity, apologies.

Recording? More cores=More better. Or overclock it.. but hah' date=' you has no K :[ Oh my an 800 buck budget? oooo Sell the 6850, +$80 Sell the 500GB Blue (or smash it) +$40 Samsung 840 120GB -$100 2600k -$320 7950 -$305 2TB Seagate -$110 Total is $715 You could save 50 bucks and get a 7870, which will still be a very nice bump from a 6850 [/quote']

If you had the ability to sell your stuff I would do something similar to this but go for either the 3570K or 3770K as they're roughly the same price. I though wouldn't go for the 840 as it has relatively low write speeds. You won't notice any real performance increase in going to 16GB of RAM either.