Deciding on a case. Mini ITX or MATX

Hello guys,

this is my first post and I actually made this account as Linus and Luke did some videos about the Sugo SG13, but not about the Sugo SG11.

So my question is: Which case should I get for a fairly small form factor PC ( no bigger than 20 cm high and 20 cm wide, depht is unimportant)?

I plan to build this pc in november after all the black fridays deals. I plan to put the pc on my desk with a 1080p around 24" monitor. As of right now I'm not using my pc for anything other than web browsing because my current laptop is so bad, that that's about all it can handle, but when I build my pc I plan to get into photo/video editing and also programming, so my rig should be fairly powerful.

The more powerful a pc is the hotter it gets, that's why most go with mid tower cases as it's easier to build and cheaper to cool(not sure about that), but I want a pc that I can move quite a bit so a mid tower case won't cut it for me.

Another part of the problem is to go with a matx case or an itx case. I don't know if I would benefit from dual GPU as I would only buy one and the other one would be bought after a few months so matx doesn't make that much sense. There is also the part that I'm not quite sure which CPU I will get. I think I will go with the i7 4790k, but the i7 5820k is only a bit more expensive and gives you 2 more cores and more PC-E lanes, but if I don't use dual GPU then what benefit would I get by getting more lanes? There is also the issue of the cost. While the i7 5820k doesn't cost much more than the 4790k the x99 motherboards are expensive and the DDR4 RAM is also more expensive than DDR3...

The cases that I have seen that would more or less meet my requirements would be the Sugo SG09, SG11 and SG13, the Thermaltake Core V1, the node 304 and 804, Bitfenix MATX Colossus, and the Cooler Master Elite 110 and 130.

The Colossus would be perfect for me if it was that big in height, the same for the Sugo SG09 and SG10. The Core V1 seems like a good choice, but somehow it doesn't appeal to me much and it a bit too high for my tastes for a pc to put on my desk, but it has a 200mm fan and can support 140mm high CPU coolers, so I don't know.
The SG13 looks like a nice little case, but I think it would get too hot in there, same for the Elite 110, that also has that weird and ugly external PSU mount. The Elite 130 also has the ugly mount and from what I remember it only adds more space for a bigger GPU when compared to the Elite 110.
The Sugo SG11 has looked like the right choice for me a few times as it can fit a matx motherboard, fit to GPUs up to 9 SSDs, 3 HDDs and an optical drive (which would be nice to have, that's another plus for the Colossus), but it doesn't have that much cooling capacities from what I've seen. That's why it would be awesome for someone to do a review and "balls to the wall" build like Linus' SG13 titan x build, but with the SG11 as the only review right now is in italian -.-

Fractal cases look nice and the have a lot of space for HDDs which is nice, but they are too big for what they offer. Yes, they have more cooling than the other cases but that's it. And the Node 804 has a slim optical drive. If you what a blueray drive you would have to sell a kidney to buy it...

So yeah, I'm a bit crazy and have been bothering myself with this this april. Btw I don't have a GPU set as I'll for AMD to release(hopefully) the new 300 series to see how good they are and if the prices of the other cards drop.

Thanks for reading my rant and if you have questions about things I probably forgot to mention here, just ask :)

PD:I forgot to mention that I would prefer to air cool it all as it's cheaper, but if I got no other choice then I would water cool it(just CPU as water cooling the GPU seems to expensive for me)

Silencio 352 / N200. Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV. SilverstoneTek PS11. All amazing cases.

Define mini, Silencio 352, obsidian 250d, and rvz01

Mhm, the Defini mini is too tall for me. The Silencio 352 is just a bit smaller than the mid tower cases... The obsidian 250d comes close, but it's still too big. The RVZ01 would be perfect if I wanted a HTPC/PS4/Xbox One looking pc, but I want either a small cube (max. 20 cm tall) or a shoe box (max. 20 cm tall)

Silencio 352 / N200. Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV. SilverstoneTek PS11. All amazing cases.

You only read the title, right? Cause if you had read the rest of the post you would know that for me all this amazing cases are humongous. They are good, but they are just too big for me. Some like it big, and that's understandable, but in pc cases I like it small xD

Still thank you both for the cases ideas, maybe I will change my mind in a few months and decide to buy something bigger? We'll see

Mhm, the Defini mini is too tall for me. The Silencio 352 is just a bit smaller than the mid tower cases... The obsidian 250d comes close, but it's still too big. The RVZ01 would be perfect if I wanted a HTPC/PS4/Xbox One looking pc, but I want either a small cube (max. 20 cm tall) or a shoe box (max. 20 cm tall)

You only read the title, right? Cause if you had read the rest of the post you would know that for me all this amazing cases are humongous. They are good, but they are just too big for me. Some like it big, and that's understandable, but in pc cases I like it small xD

Still thank you both for the cases ideas, maybe I will change my mind in a few months and decide to buy something bigger? We'll see

Alright, The CM mITX Elite Series is great.